Agnostic.com
6 14

From the time I spent on Slug, where people were constantly decrying Marxism (and defining every protection or service the government offers as Marxist) I think this is pretty accurate.

altschmerz 9 Sep 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's one way to look at it.

freedom41 Level 9 Sep 26, 2020

You can look at like a progression from:

Almost no government control: The best example would likely be the USA before the Sherman Anti-Trust Act

to

Complete Government Control: Best examples would be the old USSR during Stalin or the PRC during Mao's time.

The conservatives are saying each increase in taxes, government regulation, and government control is taking us from minimal government control (19th century USA) to complete government control (Stalin's USSR or Mao's PRC).

Conservatives believe we need to go back the other way and move in the direction of the 19th century USA.

BD66 Level 8 Sep 26, 2020

Ahhh yes the image of happy workers in the Gilded age when children as young as 8 years old were thrown out into the streets by their parents until they had a job and could help bring home enough for the family to eat.... And think of all the overtime they got working 12 hour days 6 days a week. Just look at the faces of these happy workers knowing they would get paid 10 cents an hour (if they were lucky...)

I just had one of those morons the other day try to define Marxism" and why he was against it... Fucking idiot said "it is an attack on the nuclear family....". Damned idiot didn't even know it was a economic philosophy. I find it insulting that his vote counts as much as mine when he is so stupid he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Sounds like he's talking about principle 11 from Black Lives Matter:

1. Black Villages
    We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

[dcareaeducators4socialjustice.org]

@BD66

1. Black Families

We are committed to making our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We are committed to dismantling the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” that require them to mother in private even as they participate in justice work.

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I'm just showing you why he tied together Marxism and "attack on the nuclear family". The co-founder of BLM has described herself as a "trained Marxist", and they want to "disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure" [nypost.com]

@BD66 sighs The NY Toast? Also you do know the website is registered to a blocked source on Squarespace servers. Also that is ONE person who CALLS himself a "Marxist" not Marxism in general.....

@Lizard_of_Ahaz When One of the three founders of BLM says she and another founder of BLM are "trained Marxists" as part of their "Political Framework", why would I doubt her? See 6:50 of the following video.

@BD66 Sorry they got bought out by the corporations a few years back...
[nakedcapitalism.com]

@altschmerz The unions in their origins were far more Marxist than BLM has ever been and nobody ever accused them of "trying to destroy families...." Pretty much the complete opposite in fact. The real issue is that there are misinterpretations of Marxism everywhere and this stems from the McCarthy era when a drunk ran the Senate...

That site was so horrible, especially all the racist's in there! So much negativity and they think they're so right and everyone else who wants to see a better country are so much against it and they don't realize that they continue to vote against themselves, just......... 🤮

Exactly the same.

glennlab Level 10 Sep 26, 2020

That's so true!! Big babies 😂😂

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 37

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators