Agnostic.com
1 1

Is a $30,000 fine or gaol time reasonable with that meme that you just shared?

URGENT NEWS from Fight for the Future:

Congress is attempting to ram through dangerous SOPA-like copyright provisions that would threaten online streamers with jail time as part of a must-pass government spending bill. Sign the petition to stop this!
SIGN PETITION
This is a red alert. Lawmakers in the pocket of giant corporations like Comcast and Sony are attempting to ram through dangerous changes to copyright law as part of a last-minute, must pass government spending bill.1

One of the provisions would threaten online streamers with JAIL TIME for copyrighted content––the text isn’t even public yet (which is a huge problem in and of itself) but it appears frighteningly similar to some of the worst pieces of SOPA/PIPA, the Internet censorship bills that sparked the largest online protests in history.2

Another could lead to ordinary Internet users facing $30,000 in fines for inadvertently sharing copyrighted content as part of everyday activities like posting memes, sharing videos, and downloading images.3

The good news is that the vote on the “Continuing Resolution” spending bill has been delayed, which has bought us a tiny bit of extra time to try to stop this. If House leadership hears from enough people, they can take these controversial provisions out of the bill.

Sign the petition to tell Congress: don’t threaten streamers with jail time! No SOPA-like censorship provisions in the must-pass spending bill.

For the Internet,

Evan

[1] Real Sludge
[readsludge.com]

[2] Protocol

[u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net]
[3] EFF

[eff.org]

FrayedBear 9 Dec 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

According to Comcast it is...

Who the heck is Comcast?

@FrayedBear They are the ones that merged with Time Warner to form Spectrum and are now charging people an extra $30 a month if they go over the data cap they put on their Internet to gouge them during the pandemic... The reason the merger went through is because while Kamala Harris was AG of California they bribed her with campaign donations not to stop it....

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I don't waste my money on cable type services just smartphone capacity.

@Lizard_of_Ahaz thanks for the explanation. I think!😁

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators