Agnostic.com
5 15

True story! Lol

MichelleGar1 9 Apr 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not fair to call them "soft"-

You have no idea how many kids from earlier decades are now crippled for life - or gone - thanks to that L'aissez-faire strategy.

But I do.

There's a stronger focus on bringing up your kid with fewer life-shortening injuries.

"Toughening up" was an elimination process....many who had hard falls were crippled for life...many had a shorter life thanks to that hard fall.

With this COVID thing I honestly feel it's a wake up call...if we don't use more caution....we are heading towards extinction.

My parents never asked where I had been or where I was going. They never told me to be home at a certain time. They understood what freedom meant. If I broke something, I had to fix it or pay for it.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Apr 4, 2021

@OldGoat43 I remember I had to go home when my Mom would flash the front porch light on and off. The only time I would run home crying was because I either hurt myself, got in a fight and I needed tending to those scrapes and wound's, but yeah we had a free life.

@MichelleGar1 . Once I got fresh with my mother and told her to shove it. She picked up a flashlight battery and threw it at me, hitting my in head and knocking me down. She walked over and touched me with her shoe to see if I was alive.

@OldGoat43 When I would annoy my grandma she would throw her chancla at me! LOL!!! I remember one time I ran out of the house and she chased me halfway down the street with her chancla and hit me in the back of the head! She had good aim and a strong throw! I deserved it I was an annoying little shit! Lol

@MichelleGar1 . I hope it was a lightweight slipper, not an army boot.

@OldGoat43 It was a lightweight slipper! Lol

I don't remember anyone getting seriously injured on a bike with no helmets or on playground equipment. We have become an overprotective society. Maybe it is good, maybe not.

Sticks48 Level 9 Apr 4, 2021

@Sticks48 I fell off a merry go round in a park and needed stitches.

When I lived at an apartment complex my apartment was right in front of the playground and party room. I remember my neighbors and myself would sit out on the stoop drinking beers and making bets which kid would fly off the merry go round because the drunk uncle would be spinning them as fast as he could and every weekend an ambulance was called because a kid would always wind up hurt. I won some bets, lost some but there was always a hurt kid! Lol

@MichelleGar1 Maybe kids in El Paso were particularly clumsy. 🙂 In six years of recess at elementary school I never saw anyone get hurt badly on any of those.

@Sticks48 It's probably all the lithium in the water here in El Paso and probably a higher number of drunk uncle's! Lol

@MichelleGar1 I remember the lithium in the water when I lived in El Paso. That was a good thing. Very low violent crime rates in El Paso as the reports we used to get in the Army showed.

@Sticks48 It's still the same, low crime rates, everyone still nice.

@MichelleGar1 So glad to hear that. I lived there twice and still have a warm spot in my heart for that city.

@Sticks48 I hear that a lot! This is the city where complete strangers will invite you over to their family cookout and treat you like family! Their grandma will ask you what would like to eat and you tell her, she goes into the kitchen and whips it up and brings you a plate to eat! Good times here.

I was beheaded twice in the Philippines in the 1970's.
I didn't walk it off, no time, I just took a deep breath and downed a fifth of White Castle Whiskey, good to go.

@Willow_Wisp Those were the good ole days! Lol

All the playground equipment was steel, and the ground was packed harder than concrete, so fall at your own risk.

glennlab Level 10 Apr 4, 2021

Remember those metal "merry go rounds" that you climbed on, held tight, and someone spun you round and round? If you were unfortunate, it threw you through the air. Odd that more kids didn't get hurt badly.

& you were allowed to roam,...alone! Tho for many years we still had to be in by dark.

@Theresa_N I still have a scar over my eye from being hit by one.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 28

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators