Agnostic.com
2 15

The majority of American Christians voted for Donald Trump twice. So no, I don't think that making America an officially Christian nation is a good idea.

I watch what Christians do, not what they say.

CliffordCook 6 Nov 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And we should never let them forget it... Meaning, we should remind them that they have now PROVEN that they have NO standing when it comes to moral issues.

racocn8 Level 9 Nov 27, 2022

It was a majority of white, evangelical Christians.

glennlab Level 10 Nov 27, 2022

It was also a majority of Christians in general. Fact.

@CliffordCook Please cite your source, I have not been able to find any raw numbers only vague percentages .

@glennlab Sources for this are easy to find, but okay, here you go. Pew Research Center's report "Behind Biden’s 2020 Victory" [pewresearch.org]

In 2016, 56% of protestants overall (not just evangelicals) voted for Trump, 52% of Catholics.
In 2020 59% of protestants overall voted for Trump, 50% of Catholics.

Catholics currently are a bit less than 30% of American Christians.

The majority of American Christians voted for Donald Trump in both 2016 and 2020. You can't just pin it on "white, evangelical Christians". If Trump ONLY got the white evangelical Christian vote, he would have lost both times. Trump could not have won without substantial support from non-evangelical protestants and Catholics.

Joe Biden's core of support was with American non-Christians. Non-religious Americans tend to vote at higher rates than Christians of any category..

@glennlab From that Pew report: "Without the religiously unaffiliated, Trump would have had a 9-point popular vote margin over Biden."

The Democratic Party needs to stop taking non-Christian voters for granted. We are its base.

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators