Agnostic.com
4 3

LINK Gravity is not uniform. It varies geographically.

Didn't know that.

Jetty 7 Feb 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most interesting. Thanks, Jetty. Tonight I may awaken from a nightmare in which Iā€™m writing the differential equations for computing the weight of a moving car as it crosses those states.

yvilletom Level 8 Mar 1, 2020

This makes satellite orbits tricky to compute.

Coffeo Level 8 Feb 28, 2020

They don't call it Rocket Science for nothing you know.. šŸ¤£šŸ˜

In general, the variance in the gravitational pull anywhere on Earth is pretty small. One of the variables necessary to calculate gravity is the radius (squared) from the center of the Earth to the object of interest. in general the greatest difference would be sea level to the top of Mt. Everest, 29,029 ft. When plugged into the gravity equation there is a difference, but in relative terms it pretty small.

t1nick Level 8 Feb 28, 2020

Indeed, as I remember from my days in satellite operations, the oblateness of the Earth had a greater effect than the topography of a given region on LEOs. And as you say, it is minimal. Atmospheric drag, particularly during solar max (which has actually declined significantly from my days in this field) was the biggest reason for the need to occasionally apply Delta-v.

Just for fun do the mathšŸ˜[wikihow.com]

@jdubose

I teach Physics and Physical Science. Familiar with equation for gravity.

I was just joking around. The link was just to show other commenters how easy it is.

Very interesting

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 28, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 26

Photos 136 More

Posted by racocn8I saw some articles on meteorite composition and ended up with this picture.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by Slava3That makes me nervous

Posted by Slava3So we are part of a Cosmic ecosystem?

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamWhat's your favorite color?

Posted by SergeTafCamExciting times.

• Top tags#video #world #religion #religious #youtube #scientific #god #physics #evidence #earth #hope #solar #nuclear #friends #technology #humans #cosmic #book #quantum #reason #evolution #faith #truth #belief #books #relationship #NASA #laws #stars #Cosmos #money #community #believer #atheism #Atheist #astronomy #beliefs #Texas #environment #biology #media #teach #prayer #church #divorce #TheTruth #politics #agnostic #planets #kids ...

Members 304Top