Agnostic.com
3 2

ROLLING STONES--SHIVAREE TV SHOW 1965

One cannot imagine the fans heard much of the music.

Brian Jones, the group founder, was my favourite Stone.

This is the height of my interest in pop music. Of course I bought records on the day of their release.

rogerbenham 8 July 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lol, never bought records of either Beetles or Stones.
And of the 4 songs in the above clip the only one that I recall hearing is "Little Red Rooster". I still fail to understand the screaming girls - is it a pavlovian response? It isn't logical.

FrayedBear Level 9 July 29, 2022

The girls screamed for Elvis, Cliff, the Beatles, the Stones. Often they played with themselves and ushers would walk up and down with sticks.
They were all caught up in a frenzy and fed off each other. This was the first times they could really let loose.
Maybe they all wanted to have intimacy with the stars.

@rogerbenham "Often they played with themselves and ushers would walk up and down with sticks." - I never knew that!

@rogerbenham were the sticks to beat Indian police style or lend for insertion?

@FrayedBear To tap on wrists

Mick sure had some flying feet back then! 🤣 great song and video, thanks for posting.

Is this an American TV show….I don’t remember it? I always preferred them to the Beatles..my mother liked the Beatles….kiss of death to rebellious me!

Marionville Level 10 July 29, 2022

Yup, I was a Stones fan, not a Beatles fan, One was one or the other. My girlfriend Celia was a Beatles fan. She had parties where only Beatles were played. I affected to not like them but those first two of their albums remain my favourites. 1963, I was 16, she 15. Our relationship was not long but we are occasional Facebook correspondents.
It came as a surprise to me to find people over here were not split into two camps but bought both. I never bought a Beatles record! Yet I think some of their songs way better than the Stones.

@rogerbenham I never bought a Beatles record either! I think they’ll go down in history more for their songwriting talent than for their talent as performers. Their songs are already covered by countless other singers and will continue to be in the future. I think they are held in higher regard in the USA than they are in the U.K. I’ve yet to hear any American say they they didn’t like them…whereas lots of people in the U.K. will admit to it.

@Marionville PS I love you or All my loving were my favourite tracks and I still like them. I've put Harrison and Lennon on Agnostic playing tracks I really like. I think through the years long term lovers have shifted my tastes! Jeannie really like the last Lennon albums and how Yoko had brought back Lennon from disasters.
I am always impressed when I look deeply into Beatles music on the chord progressions that they use. Not simple stuff!

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #Norway #musicians #traditional #hope #god #sing #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #death #reason #Atheist #church #wife #USA #earth #book #relationship #mother #parents #hell #Russian #sex #soul #Christian #kids #money #community #culture #holiday #Jesus #beliefs #dream #plays #poetry #atheism ...

Members 1,322Top