Agnostic.com
1 0

Australian misgovernment

It often requires an outsider to identify the obvious:

[theaimn.com]

FrayedBear 9 May 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't worry, the gallant ALP will be there to hold them to account!

(It is April 1st, isn't it?) 🙂

David1955 Level 8 May 16, 2020

No May 15th artice and the ALP is probably more culpable.

In my honest opinion we need to tear down the Westminster system of Government that was FORCED upon us, rip it to shred and then throw it in the nearest garbage bin, then start anew from scratch.

@Triphid I don't think it's the Westminster system that's at issue. I'd take it over the awful US binary system of two conservative parties controlled by the country's ruling class. What our system needs is a genuine left - right multi party spectrum, something that the Hawke Keating years destroyed, not that the ALP was ever that left, but now it's farce, with the ALP lost forever, incapable of genuine reform, clinging to a failed past, unable to embrace a left platform.

@David1955 The 'Seppo' system, imo, is little more than sick joke but I firmly believe Australia needs to shed ALL semblances of 'Mother (????) England', become a True Republic with its own system of Government, Elections, rid itself copletely of the Bi-partisan ideology of having ONLY 2 major Political Parties that can barter votes between them and, especially, rid itself of ANY and ALL political parties forming coallitions as per the Liberal-National Coallition ever occurring again.
I.e. ANY Political Party seeking election MUST stand by itself, on its own platform and on its own merits alone.
A few of my ideas are,
A) NO candidate over the Age of 60 years can run for Election,
B) NO Party can hold Government for longer than 2 consecitive Terms,
C) NO Lobbying of Government/Politicians by Big Businesses/Corpoations, etc, INCLUDING ALL Religions/Religious Groups is permitted,
D) ONLY Community Service based Groups/Organisations, etc, are permitted to lobby Governments, etc,
E) ALL retiring Politicians ARE only entitled to claim the STANDARD rate of the Pension as per paid to every other citizen,
F) ALL politicians, State, Federal or Local are to paid on a sliding scale of Income based solely upon their Individual Productivity for the WHOLE Populace, NOT just their Electorate, i.e. they ALL start out on a BASE Rate Income and either it increases with proven productivity or remains as a Base Income,
G) Australians as a WHOLE elect the Leader of the Country NO matter which Party gains Government,
H) ALL Candidates MUST show Australian Citizenship only, must relinquish any and ALL ties/interests, etc, to or with Business concerns and incomes from such BEFORE, during and AFTER becomng elected and during their entire Tenure in Office,
Those are the basic ideas I have for a better system of Government, please feel free to add/subtract any you wish.

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #minister #federal #money #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #rights #community #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #parents #corruption #youtube #vote #book #religions #truth #dogs #kids #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 428Top