Agnostic.com
4 2

How should Australia run from now on? Has globalisation & so called free trade gone too far?

I have never previously felt a need to share anything that Jacqui Lambie says - here's the exception:

[lambienetwork.com.au]

How would you like to see Australia run from now on?

FrayedBear 9 May 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not going to watch it all but I like her premise and agree. We are stuck in Canada with trade with the USA and China. Continual double decker shipping containers rumble through our town bound for sorting down in the states, filling our huge chain stores with Chinese junk that we don't need but we buy nonetheless.

Funny, they call it globalization, but it's really 'Chinaization' of the world. I know Europe is rethinking of lot of its reliance on and outsourcing to China. (I teach a lot of business people in Europe, online). Australia should do the same. If one good thing comes out of this catastrophe, let it be that.

David1955 Level 8 May 17, 2020

My understanding was that western capital couldn't wait to get into china to benefit from lax or non existant labour laws, very cheap labour, greater opportunity to cheat on taxes and to environmentlly shit on a communist country & its people.

@FrayedBear It's called Capitalism -- as we all know.

@David1955 Slavery?

@FrayedBear you've been reading your Karl Marx again I see. Good. 🙂

@David1955 not in my library or bucket list! Having lived in the same house as a lovely Welsh fellow lodger in Knotty Ash, Liverpool 50 years ago I learnt the futility of discussing politics with the left wing fanatics.

@FrayedBear Oh I don't know. I think you and old Karl might have really hit it off -- especially on Capitalism. Still has influence on me, perhaps now more than in the past. When I studied political philosophy in the 1970s it seemed like Capitalism had been ameliorated in the post WW2 era. The rancid feral toxic Capitalism that has emerged since that time proved that assumption wrong. Class and power -- the dirty words that polite society ignores but governs everything, including "classless" Australia.

@David1955 more ass than class?

Hear, Hear, Jacqui, I'm with you all the way

Triphid Level 9 May 17, 2020

Sadly I'm not seeing the oportunity being seized to create a new progressive post lockdown economy. Many are nowunemployed and sadly human nature is simply about preserving old privilege not creating equal opportunity for all.

To this end may I suggest that a return to decentralised business catering to local needs be promoted rather than theuge for centralised mega factory production. I have in mindthat each town of more than 25000 people, like in days of yore where most villages had a blacksmith, now we can have local factories making solar powered electric vehices to carry people around towns. Because of increased battery capacities these vehicles have greater ranges & can therefore be used in larger cities and urban areas that sprawl.

Australia no longer has its own car manufacturing. Therefore get rid of the dependence on foreign built cars by making it better to use lectric vehicles.

Naturally changes will have to be made as to how roads operate. Firstly many people will be needed to build changes. Existing roads need to be made safe for electric vehicles whether by duplication, segregation on existing road or by time sharing eg. 6am - 8pm is electric vehicles, 8-6am petrol.

Many other such ideas need to be identified and implemented. Countries like Cuba and South Africa remarkably found ways to cope when sanctions were applied - the benefits of not being sanctioned are just beginning to be cursed by many awakened by the Covid19 crisis.
Much open forum is needed to democratically allow the citizens not only to voice their opinions but also to be heard and acted upon.

@FrayedBear Weel, here in Broken Hill we do have one very progressive Cab Company and I am a regular user of it.
The owner has introduced, some time ago btw, the FIRST hybrid Taxi, i.e. Electric and Petrol driven, it is almost always run on Electric power and the petrol engine IS only used when the batteries get low and then only long enough for them to re-charge.
It IS exactly the same size as any Family Sedan, Australian made, extremely comfortable, silent and does not lack the 'pick-up' acceleration found in only petrol cars.
AS Jacqui Lambie said, We need to think Australian, be Australian, be self-reliant Australians and look to Australia First and foremost and I agre with her ideas 110%.
The time to initiate the very NECESSARY changes is HERE and NOW, no more dithering, pondering and farting around, Change NOW and Change for the betterment of Australia and ALL Australian Peoples.

@Triphid Exactly. Instead it seems that it will be back to the dependency on "mother country", USA/ Korean (US satellite) /English /Japanese cars & planes, China for all other goods particularly electronic.
Paul Keating was being sarcastically facetious when he called it "the clever country".

@FrayedBear WE are the people of Australia, we ARE those who richly deserve to have the FINAL say in how OUR country is run are we not?
Politicians and Governments ARE supposed to be there to SERVE and Follow the WILL of the Peoples,NOT have the People serve their will.

@Triphid Seems like most have forgotten!

@FrayedBear An amnesia of convenience more likely in my opinion.

terraprotectivity before productivity/maketivity

tipi Level 7 May 17, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 8

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 430Top