Agnostic.com
1 0

Did you get the over 65 flu vaccination or the under 65 version?

There is a diference between the two flu vaccinations. The over 65 contains an adjuvant [en.wikipedia.org] to help your body prepare itself. It is Adjuvant MF59C1 [sciencedirect.com]

I attach the ingredients fact sheets for the two Australian vaccines. Fluad Quad is the over 65 version.

FrayedBear 9 May 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 65 in JULY. Should I rush out and get the pre 65er, or wait and risk it to JULY?

David1955 Level 8 May 29, 2020

Despite what everyone will tell you the dosages are not different and THAT come direct from a Doctor aloow me, a retired nurse, to actually see the package, the info contained in it, etc, etc.
The ONLY real differences between them both is that they ARE manuactured by different companies and the 'over 65 vaccine' is sold to the goverment at slighty higher price and is released first.

@Triphid asked and answered. Thanks.

@Triphid, @David1955 they are not the same. One contains adjuvant which if you took the trouble to look up the references that I've supplied will explain that there are big differences. Yes the types of flu are the same but one injection will help lesser immune systems activate. It is also given to people & childrenwith certain ilnesses that have reduced ther immune system abilities.

Wtf is wrong with you Tony? I've suppled photo copies of the pharmacy supplied data sheets. Can you not read them or suffering from Cognitive dissonance?

@FrayedBear well, between you and me I'm not taking it all that seriously.

@David1955 each to his own. Just having had 10 days in agony followed by another ten in hospital I recommend taking every opportunity avilable to fight viruses & bacteria.
Incidentally it is believed, because the eperts do not know what caused my illness, that it was only because I have a working auto immune syste that I have come through without ven ore mjor permanent damage than I have.
Have you seen the stats that are now being issued identifying the C19 pandemic collateral deaths because of cessation of heart, cancer and other treatments?

@FrayedBear No matter WHAT additives the vaccines contain, FrayedBear, it IS the amount of the attenuated virus that counts.
The additives are only there to keep the vaccines from going stale, etc.
BTW, many virus infections can result in deaths from heart, pulmonary, kidney, liver, etc, failures.
Ceasation of Cancer treatments due to Covid-19 would, imho, be ridiculous to say the very least since Cancer Treatments are done with the utmost of care and continued on with UNLESS the patient has a secondary infect, dangerous, life-threatening reaction to one of the Oncology drugs or dies.
Please, FrayedBear, do NOT try to tell ME about Cancer Treatments I have very personal experience with Cancer treatments, my 16 year old daughter and I went through 9 months of them when she had Mature B Cell Lymphoma, diagnosed in 2000 by a well known and respected Oncologist, Micheal Rice, at the Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide.
Absolutely NO Doctor would recommend ceasing such treatments what-so-ever just because of the Covid virus.
So, I suggest that you start checking your FACTS BEFORE you start posting erroneous comments in the future.

@David1955 No problems my friend, no problems, only to glad to help.
Btw, IF you have a Centrelink card you are entitled to get the Flu Vaccine free of charge from your G.P.
I have been getting mine free of charge for well over 10 years now and only turned 65 in December,2018 because I was on the Disability Pension at the time, now I'm on the Age Pension.

@FrayedBear Exactly WHAT medical qualifications, IF any, do you have FrayedBear?

@FrayedBear I do so wish you'd LEARN to read thoroughly the WHOLE article BEFORE you start shooting your mouth off.

@FrayedBear Sorry IF I sound somewhat unsympathetic here Bear, but we al have our own problems that welive with every day.
Yes, whatever it is that is causing you so much pain and discomfort is hard to bear BUT I humbly suggest you TRY to find othyer things, more cheerful for example, that will help you take your mind off of your troubles.

@Triphid I read "Northern Ireland’s Health Minister, Robin Swann, has announced that the country will be pausing a number of routine health screenings in order to reallocate resources to frontline staff tackling COVID-19. This includes bowel, breast, and cervical cancer screening programmes. This comes just weeks after the country halted non-urgent appointments and procedures, in line with the rest of the UK.

Scotland and Wales have already paused their cancer screening programmes."
Probably out at Broken Hill people don't give a brass razzoo about what happens elsewhere but it does influence what your favourite morons do here in Australia.

@FrayedBear Well, at least 90% of us out here in Broken Hill do actually care about both Australia and the rest of the world since we are NOT just dumb stupid Country Hicks out this way FYI.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 430Top