Agnostic.com
6 4

"Atheism in its own way can become an article of faith" [abc.net.au] Stan Grant clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

anglophone 9 July 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Imo, Stan Grant has his head so far up his own arse that he needs a periscope to be able to navigate his way around the place.

Triphid Level 9 July 3, 2022

He clearly knows very little about what motivates atheists. Atheists are independently minded people who have no need for any “articles of faith” , no creed, no doctrine, or divinity; no priests, no strictures, or diktat ..no demigods or idols or places of worship and indoctrination. We don’t need or want organisation or leadership, by Dawkins or anyone else, we arrived at our position of disbelief and rejection of religion and god, not by being preached at by atheist proselytisers, but by using our own powers of reason and logic.

From what I can see of his words, and with @David1955's added observation, I see what you write as being way beyond his powers of comprehension.

@anglophone I’m sure you’re right…sad to say!

@anglophone Actually met him, most regrettably, and in my honest opinion he would be very hard pressed to tell his arse from his elbow even with an Encyclopaedia of Anatomy.

Stan Grant has always been a self righteous wanker.

puff Level 8 July 3, 2022

Did Stan Grant ever know what he was talking about? Recycling old religious tropes now I see.

I just knew the Census data would put sand in the underpants of the religious in Australia. Right on que.

David1955 Level 8 July 3, 2022

I had not previously encountered him, hence my naïvety.

@anglophone Ah! Well he tends to suffer from foot in mouth disease, from my recollection.

I laughed out loud when the (sordid) history of Western religion was referred to as an “Age of Enchantment”. Run that by the decimated, dispossessed indigenous cultures of Australia, New Zealand, the Americas and elsewhere—and the “relocated” Africans—before you get too full of your own misty-eyed nostalgia, Mr. Grant. Looks more like an Age of Enchainment to me. And while I have the floor I would also point out that mass produced, promoted and distributed Religion looks a lot more like tribalism on steroids than a gossamer-winged flight into the realm of the transcendent. Your self-serving bullshit runneth over, dude.

The more educated and intelligent the population becomes the less it relies on stories of comfort and the hope that someone is in control.
But is is not an article of faith as can be seen on this site we have people of many differing views, with only one view in common, we do not have a standard of behaviour that is codified (although the cultist rarely follow their's)

But members of cults have to group things to feel comfortable. We are this group that are that group they can not cope with the fact that people are happy with no belief in a sky fairy.

Budgie Level 8 July 3, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 429Top