Agnostic.com
2 5

If you drive a Subaru in reverse, what are you?

U-R-A-BUS!

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 Oct 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

funny

Depends how you pronounce it. The second car I owned was a Subaru.

Zealandia Level 8 Oct 30, 2021

I have no clue, I drive a mobility scooter.....have never driven a car.

@Lilac-JadeCanada That’s a pretty tricked out mobility scooter. Like the customised plates too. They look all above ford. I suppose drinking and driving is a no-no, stick to the cherry Skoda?

I checked and apparently the correct pronunciation would apparently be “You’re uh bus” 😉

@Zealandia I don't drink alcohol anyway, so it's a non issue, but I do have to watch my speeding going past the police! Hahahaha.

I had a lumbar laminectomy so Lumbar-Ghini just made sense to me, & being a cat person just made the second one a necessity. There is a place online where I could make up my own plates, & have them printed up on metal.

Yup..... You're uh bus.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I didn’t know what a lumbar laminectomy was, so looked it up. Hopefully the operation was successful.

Mobility scooter usage is in a kind of legal grey area here. You don’t need a driver’s license and lots of laws re use on the road don’t seem to apply. Maybe you can speed past the patrol car without any consequences, although I’m not suggesting you try that!

Personalised plates, pretty cool that you could have them printed up. I like the puns too. NZ is probably too small for that kind of service.

@Zealandia My laminectomy was in 1998, & very successful, relieving excruciating sciatica, as well as removing arthritis spurs from my spine. Now of course, arthritis is developing there again, but I have it everywhere now, & have had both hips replaced because of it.

Scooters here are considered pedestrian so we drive on our sidewalks, don't need a license nor insurance. If we must drive on a road, it's at the side, facing traffic, as someone on foot does. Speeding is not a factor as most can only go 9 miles an hour or less. Indoor scooters are slower too, but mine is the mid size outdoor type.

As for printing up my license plates, it was a place in Texas who did them, & shipped to Canada. Not cheap shipping, but how many times would I be doing it? At my age, I look for a little fun, & it works out cheaper than going out drinking or partying, which we haven't done for decades anyway.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Great that the operation was successful.

Some mobility scooters can go quite quickly, don’t think that there’s a restriction on the maximum speed here. There’s a video somewhere of a person driving one on a motorway, which is a creative way of getting to the destination more efficiently.

It’s possible to buy personalised plates here, any combination of six letters or numbers. My friend during student years had the plate “Shane1”, he was very proud of it.

@Zealandia I heard from my e-pal in London that scooters there come in road worthy, or pavement worthy. The road worthy ones need insuring.

@Lilac-JadeCanada My understanding was that you don’t need to insure mobility scooters in the uk, although it’s recommended. Road worthy scooters are a bit of a grey area there.

[gov.uk]

More details here re insurance:
[disabledmotoring.org]

@Zealandia I just went by what my e-pal told me, because things are a lot different there, than here.

Our medical coverage also paid for ours 100%, once we got all the required letters from our doctor, & occupational therapist.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Some of the mobility scooters there are quite big and powerful.

@Zealandia

This is the larger version of mine.....

Dimensions
65"x27" (35" with wide wheels)

Warranty
2 Year Parts & Labour

Cart Weight
342lbs (155kg) with batteries

Tire Sizes
Rear: 16" (5.00-6) – Front: 13"

Carrying Capacity
450lbs (205kg)

Max Speed
10mph (16kph)

Battery Capacity
2x12v 75amp (NF24) – ($730 pair)

Drive System
sealed transaxle (rear wheel drive)

Motor
3 hp 24DC

Braking
Regenerative and electromechanical (electronic, regenerative disc brakes)

@Lilac-JadeCanada Pretty impressive specs. I used to see scooters accessorised with extra rear view mirrors attached, like mod Vespas.

By the time I require mobility assistance, anticipate that autonomous vehicles will be on the scene. I wouldn’t mind using them.

@Zealandia All the outdoor ones here have mirrors, headlights, turn signals, horn, & back up signal. Accessories can include extra basket, overhead canopy, cane holder, cup holder, etc., & I chose a windscreen, & walker carrier for mine.

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 624 More

Posted by noworry28Laws are laws 🤣🤣

Posted by MoravianI think I have been conned

Posted by Moravianhorsing around

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaHanging my head, going to my corner now.....

Posted by mzeeshoe fly pie

Posted by noworry28Icebergs are dangerous 😳 from sinking the titanic to blinding manatees.

Posted by mzeeThought I'd run with this

Posted by ZealandiaWhat dogs really understand….

Posted by ZealandiaDesert Island cartoon…. “Care for a swim?”

Posted by ZealandiaAliens faking the Earth landing…

Posted by mzeeany cheese welcome

Posted by MoravianEye catching.

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaI'll go to my corner now.....

Posted by RetiredTime for something lighter. Looking for a 10 on the groaner scale.

Posted by noworry28Tense moment 😬

Posted by ZealandiaI’m sure I booked that seat…

• Top tags#god #religion #wife #joke #religious #world #friends #Atheist #dogs #church #money #hell #sex #DonaldTrump #hope #mother #Jesus #kids #book #parents #video #children #reason #relationship #atheism #death #Police #Bible #movies #earth #teacher #belief #laws #fear #agnostic #truth #Christian #beliefs #animals #cats #faith #guns #evidence #priest #Song #community #books #humans #Christians #government ...

Members 1,422Top