Agnostic.com
3 1

Employers in Ohio Urged to Snitch on Workers Who Stay Home to Avoid COVID-19

In an email sent to employers across Ohio, officials told companies that “Ohio law prohibits individuals from receiving unemployment benefits if they refuse to accept offers of suitable work, or quit work, without good cause.”

[truthout.org]

My state quickly managed to supply employers a quick means to cut funding from their employees, but neglect a means for employees who have a legitimate claim to unsafe working conditions according to the recommended covid procedures for safety to report employers. Unemployment can be quickly ended in a day or so of notice. Even if that employee is quickly/same day notified, he/she will have to go through a timely process of arbitration to reinstate.

From my own present situation of being under employed, they are working from home which has been a timely experience of getting someone on the phone with long waits, and everything is being done over the Internet. Once again another aspect of the people verses the corporations, governments give the benefit to those corporations. I did a search for the ability for employees to counteract the government actions, feel free to explain to me how the employee is given the same quickness to resolving a legitimate complaint.

The way I'm seeing it there seems to be a major inequality in a time frame of justice. Not to mention a contradiction of procedural protocols. Restaurants in Ohio are hanging shower curtains around tables!?! Fucking seriously!?! Did someone miss the reports of confined areas where the virus is air born for up to 2 hours? A server is now in danger of going into a confined area more than that of a nurse where people cough and sneeze to carry it around the entire restaurant. Please do tell, what am I missing here?

The way I'm seeing it there seems to be a major inequality in a time frame of justice.

What can I do if my workplace doesn’t seem safe from coronavirus?

[cleveland.com]

William_Mary 8 May 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The US constitution enshrines a right to life. Perhaps if you get an attorney to right a cease and desist order, the company has to follow the injunction until the unsafe working environment is made safe.
My understanding is that they have to comply immediately, and any delays in having the case heard would work in your favour.
Just an idea, I can't see much else succeeding, since labour laws work in the employer's favour.

Magister Level 6 May 16, 2020

I say good and when there’s a drastic shortage of workers the bosses will be calling you up with “ Hey guy! I know that we kinda got a little outta hand with our policies and what not, but we could really use you right now. “

And that’s when I’d be like did I hear you say something about back pay and a raise because if not then I just don’t know. 😏

48thRonin Level 8 May 11, 2020

The Brown Shirt Boys will rat on their family members who aren't loyal or who might have a remnant of Jewish blood in their family. Don't worry, they will purify Amerika.

OldGoat43 Level 9 May 10, 2020

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #policy #god #evidence #politics #vote #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #Police #community #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,699Top