Agnostic.com
4 1

Missouri hair stylist with coronavirus worked while symptomatic, exposed dozens of clients

[msn.com]

We can't trust people to do the right thing. We become that which we should be fighting against.

After 3 Children Die, a Race to Investigate a Baffling Virus Syndrome

[msn.com]|20

Study estimates 24 states still have uncontrolled coronavirus spread

[msn.com]

Coronavirus in Ohio: Daily cases jump markedly as bowling alleys, banquet halls get OK to reopen

[msn.com]

The Ohio report yesterday was a grim one. After nearly 3 weeks of a slow opening in our state we went from 484 new cases to 731 new cases from Thursday's report. A 51% increase.

Previously I've been using the Interstate to come home from work with less traffic out. It's just approximately a 5 mile stretch to my exit but always backs up bumper to bumper during normal rush hour. If I mange to get off early enough to beat the bulk of traffic when I ride the bike I can blow off some stress. But traffic lately is pretty much back to normal and its quite slow again. So Thursday I went the city route. At the one bar on the route in a small township it takes me through they are all out on the deck shoulder to shoulder drinking and smoking. I have to wonder if the virus lingers in the air longer with the exhale of the smoke? Good luck with that.

We can't trust people to do the right thing. We become that which we should be fighting against.

William_Mary 8 May 23
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That hairdresser and her family still need to eat. Working while sick is expected here in the land of wage-slavery.

BitFlipper Level 8 May 24, 2020

This isn't just sick though. Done it many times throughout my life. The under lining message should be why we are being forced to spread a deadly disease. We can have better within a government actually ran for the people over corporations. Corporations that actually have respect for the people who vastly enrich them. A real democracy by the people over the corporations that buy their entitlement. Both in governance and the workplace.

@William_Mary I'm thinking of some of the waitresses I know. They need to work to feed their families - most of these women are hanging on by their fingernails. Some of them even have non-working husbands who watch their kids while playing video games.

@BitFlipper exactly. How wonderful would it be if we had a government that would have been better prepared for a social pandemic rather than corporate structure and profits. When profiting corporations receive now nearly 8 trillion in relief, a mere fraction of which would be spent having the various healthcare supplies already, it could have went to these people. Test to keep them safe as they worked and monitored. Ventilators and mask where needed. Social tracking. Outside of distancing we could have many of these people still working.

Yea, he's tough on us! But he's an asshat too.

How much do the pop and country radio stations and the junk TV stations inform people about the virus and the consequences? I listen to some morning CBC which does give some information.

I don't listen to music stations much anymore. I spend my time listening to NPR to keep up with the establishment line while I drive for a living and my short commute to and from work. It helps me keep my bullshit meter calibrated for my post here as I weigh it in with my trusted news sources. Everyday since this virus has hit our governor gets time on our NPR station in my area to do a daily update at 2 pm. These local resources are no better than the prime time news infotainment sources when it comes down to it. They are all owned by the same 6 MSCM entities, same as NPR is highly supported and funded by them also.

The fluctuation of information and controlled narratives are as confusing to follow also. The facade of state governance division and public tribalism measures right up with the national facade. The state political party battles and right wing protest in my state, Ohio, serve the very same type of illusion we see nationwide that the DC politicians and ruling class encourage. Where DeWine was at one time seemingly managing the situation here above average compared to other states, he is now seemingly willing to allow the virus to run its course throughout the population. While we have no ability to do wide spread testing necessary to conduct a safe reopening of the state, he openly admits the dangers. Claiming he has developed a task force to monitor openings, how can you productively do so with so many places to monitor? It's a deliberate creation of a false sense of security built to benefit corporations and quell the right wing protest. On top of that, it's a means to renege on unemployment compensation to those who fear returning to work in fear of bringing the virus home to their families and fear of depending on childcare in which they can contract the virus.

Essentially what is going on is the same bottom line as always. Information to keep tribal divisions alive over actually addressing the issue logically while lacking the economics that are benefited only to the power structured politicians and ruling class delivered within a shit show. As long as delusional chaos can be a forced measure within the issue no one will recognize the obvious lack of a real sense to attack that issue sincerely.

@William_Mary Ah yes the impossibility because of not having a national TV or Radio station not owned and controlled by billionaires. No equivalent of the BBC or ABC or CBC. Here in Canada the government never is happy with the CBC but continues to fund it realising the importance of national broadcasting.

Now if you had something like this. This being the head doctor of British Columbia talking on CBC:
[cbc.ca]

Seems like we will have to quarantine until all the dummies die off 😞

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,703Top