Agnostic.com
4 2

Get rid of lockdown? Have you seen the figures and risks particularly if over 60 and with an existing illness?

Total deaths now exceed one million world wide.
COVID-19 Death Toll

1,092,083 deaths
people have died so far from the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak as of 2020-10-14 18:44:03 UTC.

There are currently 38,433,470 confirmed cases in 214 countries and territories. The fatality rate is still being assessed.
[virusncov.com]

The soundest advice that I have seen is for the over 60's to remain in lockdown & the rest to get on with life.

FrayedBear 9 Oct 14
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fully agree with that last line and that's what I've been doing since March, self-imposed lockdown. I'm 62 with a heart condition and have no intention of resuming social risks of being around crowds until most people, including me, have been vaccinated safely and effectively.

Stay safe & here's to a long life 🍻,🥂 or 🥛

@FrayedBear If America continues to get worse at the present rate, I'm not sure a long life will be that great a thing.. Jus' sayin'.. All of my friends are very intelligent and educated as well as my age. They are following the same precautions as much as possible, even tho a couple of them are still working.

@TomMcGiverin Here the damned fools think that it's over and clamour for restrictions to be removed whilst the world becomes increasingly infected.

@FrayedBear I admit that I often seek comfort about the present by trying to remember when I lived in better times, at least better ones for me....

Over a million? 1 in 8000 and this thing has only just started. Is it possible we'll reach Spanish Flu numbers?

@powder Very true. I think population then between 1 and 2 billion.

@rogerbenham, @powder using current rates & your 8 bilion estimate Roger the death toll will be some 320 million world wide.

@FrayedBear As I already said.

What gets me is how they break down the death rate to some low percentage number in an attempt to erase the concern, empathy, of those who have already died. I believe this is a false narrative to continue to correlate this virus with the normal seasonal flu which the death rate surpassed long ago. I don't think the people who have died or their family members care about this obvious lack of recognition of the reality.

Most people don't have the type of healthcare the white house staff gets who has taken a herd mentality way of facing the virus.

The rate of deaths amongst the infected roughly averages out at 4% of all cases. However less than 7% of world population (39milion) has been infected. Given 100% infection some 240+ million will die together with many who wll be left with severely impaired bodies and life spans. Also don't forget that it can be caught more than once.

@FrayedBear 4% of 8,000 Million is 320 million. It certainly suggests things could be far worse than Spanish flu. But we do not yet know whether survivors could get a mutation that kills them.

@powder I've been astounded to learn that the death rate of under 60's is something like 0.2% ie. the workers and then it alarmingly rises from 60 onwards and of course frequently increased in probability by preexisting diseases like heart, lung, pancreas & other long term illnesses. The government does nothing to encourage & promote healthy exercise. In hospital I saw elderly people simply lying in bed all day not moving - a situation guaranteed to result in loss of functionality.

@rogerbenham I used a figure of 6 billion so my math is way out by 25%. Thank you for the correction.

@powder The 0.2% figure is in the analysis of deaths by age shown at [virusncov.com]

@powder it sounds like you are desperately projecting your hopes & desires onto the situation.
The soundest advice that I saw was that the over 60's remain in lockdown whilst the rest get on with life.

@powder Agreed.

@powder adding other diseases that have their own range of causes, some due to personal habits, don't address this virus which has its own, other than including the averages between mishandling compared to better systems of handling in other countries.

Reports in the US lately are that our death rates are higher than any other country. Neither your empathy or my own changes this. I brought that aspect into the discussion partially for that point. It doesn't address the silent problem it hides within the conditioning purpose to throw out such percentages. It's the same as the empty rhetoric we get from our leaders when a mass shooting or person of color becomes a statistic in a questionable killing. We get empty promises of change accompanied with fake concern and empathy to erase a known problem within systemic governing issues they choose not to address on purpose. My point is that's why these percentages are being tossed around then used by party divisional politics. Perception management then conditions us towards helping them by making excuses for them.

How about reducing the percentage use to actually confront the core issues related from area to area that MSCM doesn't cover while attempting to condition certain populations on who to place blame on. Because of this the ending game point is going to become that its gone to far to do anything about and herd immunity is the only play left. Because of this my state is currently back to moving into red zones in most counties because people are to conditioned into party politics to recognize what slows this virus down and do it. It's now widely moving through the ignorance of rural areas with reports of second infections statewide. Countless number of bars being shut down because they won't close at designated times, not wearing mask, or social distancing. We have businesses going under permanently and yet no one gets it yet. It's a complete system failure to properly confront this virus from beginning on. And all we've gotten from our leaders and media is a means to force herd immunity via conditioning perception management rhetoric.

This is from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control)

GoodMan Level 7 Oct 14, 2020

That's not the world total, only USA

And they appear a few thousands short

@FrayedBear "That's not the world total, only USA"

The attachment I added only indicates the USA.
"United States COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by State" is the header.

i.e. 2.7%

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #policy #god #evidence #politics #vote #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #Police #community #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,699Top