Agnostic.com
1 4

What to do? I am thinking of planting a MImosa tree but have red that is an invasive spices. Do help me please.

Jolanta 9 May 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends on your zone, they can be extremely invasive, the biggest problem is the huge amount of seeds they put out. Check with your local ag service to see what they recommend. I have had them off an on for the last 50 years, the biggest problem is the amount of seedlings in the grass, but they don't hold up to mowing. They are beautiful if short lived trees.

glennlab Level 10 May 3, 2024

Just what I need for pay back on my vandal of a neighbour. ATM I'm hoping the giant dahlia seeds will blow in her direction.

It gets pretty cold here in winter. Frosty.

@Jolanta Here in the states they will survive in very cold climates but not reproduce, in the sub tropical climates they will go nuts. I have a new volunteer that just sprouted last year, I expect blooms this year.

@glennlab Thanks for that. I will put it in.

@Jolanta During bloomimg season, I just mow about once a week to mulch the flowers into the ground, no sense in letting them mat up on the grass or if it's wet letting them start to rot. They are very low maintenance otherwise.

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 5,333 More

Posted by FrostyJim...as you Sow, So Shall you Reap

Posted by FrostyJimSurprise! Alaska has farm country too.

Posted by FrostyJimSurprise! Alaska has farm country too.

Posted by JolantaHappy hormones.

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,521Top