Jan 9, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by TristanNuvo
There was a time in the 90's when MTV had their 'unplugged' run. Great bands from then would do a show all acoustic, with a little give and take on some verb of the vocals. But at the time it was a good spin. Some shows were kind of shit. But there...
aussie sceptics
Jan 9, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FrayedBear
I have been asked to comment on the following article: Firstly I wish to remind members of Professor Cipolla's 5 Basic Laws of Human Stupidity. Unfortunately in Australia for the last 45 years (the time of my life here) the ...
Out Of The Illusion
Jan 9, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FrayedBear
Academic (e.g., Science)
Jan 8, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Siva3037
Prayer is not unscientific. There are situations where one feels quite helpless and friendless. At such juncture, prayer can help to get courage to keep fighting. The other kind of reason to pray - as a sort of quid pro quo for something good ...
Jan 7, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Tomfoolery33
Who left the door open!?!
Jan 7, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FearlessFly
Airbnb Claims Its AI Can Predict Whether Guests Are Psychopaths
Jan 7, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by RonLear
eliminating answers from men.............
Jokes and humor about religion
Jan 6, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by gsiamne
OT vs NT
Rockhounds, Gem Club, Mineral Collectors, Lapidary
Jan 6, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Hathacat
Really pretty foursome! Fire opal Fluorite from Beihilfe Mine, Halsbrucke, Freiberg, Saxony, Germany Gorgeous Quartz with inclusions of halloysite from Cabiche, Mun. de Quipama, Boyaca Department, Colombia Large Elbaite Tourmaline from the Paprok ...
CLASSIC ROCK RULES
Jan 6, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FearlessFly
The Jokers - Tico Tico
Jan 6, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by FearlessFly
For tech-weary Midwest farmers, 40-year-old tractors now a hot commodity
Progressives, Socialists, and Black Lives Matter
Jan 6, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Ian-Duggan
LINKOppose Trump’s criminal war against Iran! - World Socialist Web Site
Online Dating: The Reality
Jan 6, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by CarolinaGirl60
Here’s a clip from a chat by an attempted romance scammer on my Instagram last night. I was laughing so hard at this person.
Jan 5, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Seeker3CO
Name one thing (or more) that you wish you never had to worry about again. Then name a method to solve that problem if you can think of one. This is OPTIONAL>
Insomniacs
Jan 5, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by RavenCT
Has anyone tried the new weighted blankets? Someone was talking about them today and I'm curious if anyone here has given them a try with any success. Also here's the Goodnight pair for the evening.... ;-)
Jan 4, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Max_d_cat
Daniel Johnston - Some Things Last a Long Time Built to Spill Beach House Beck Lana del Rey
Jan 4, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by WilliamCharles
"This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect." -Dwight D. Eisenhower
Jan 4, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by bookofmorons
Anyone else tired of seeing the useless "Pray for Australia" nonsense on social media?
Jokes and humor about religion
Jan 2, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by gsiamne
All of that praying thing:
Jan 2, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanada
George, Smokey
ServiceMembersHangout
Jan 2, 2020Jan 2020

Love this
Jan 1, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by BestWithoutGods
:( .sseltniop era stnelat ym ,yakO
This Day In History
Jan 1, 2020Jan 2020

Posted by altschmerz
January 1, 1959 Fidel Castro seizes power in Cuba as General Fulgencio Batista flees.
Desert Island Discs
Dec 31, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FrayedBear
Well @Petter. You joined a long time ago but have not posted your current top ten. Here is one to get you started: Herr Petter til Alstadhaug Welcome Mr. Petter to Alstahaug Where you stand your landscape towards the shelter And you ...
Out Of The Illusion
Dec 31, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by William_Mary
ROBERT PARRY: An Apology & Explanation, Two Years On On New Year’s Eve 2017, less than a month before he would die, CN founder Bob Parry wrote a manifesto on the remit of journalism and its threatened demise, a chilling forecast of what was to ...
Dec 29, 2019Dec 2019

Fractal of the day.
Dec 29, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FearlessFly
Van Morrison & John Lee Hooker - Serves Me Right To Suffer
Dec 29, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Iamkratom
Matt Shea is also a leader in the Abortion Abolitionist movement. I hope people start to pay attention to this very well financed, dangerous group that are sprouting up all across America. Oklahoma and Texas to name a few. They support bills that ban...
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Rossy92
Who Could Deny You by Tim Buckley
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by HippieChick58
LINKSeth Andrews: Christianity Made Me Talk Like an Idiot - YouTube
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by actofdog
His dog loves him.
Academic (e.g., Science)
Dec 28, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by fattafinga
Step 1 - I make all my books free now thru Sunday. Step 2 - You see this ad and say, "Holy shit! How can I pass that up? It's fuckin free for fuck's sake." Step 3 - You read my work and realize that every moment of your life up until now has been ...
Dec 27, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by HerbertNewsam
Had to say something. People have tried, prayer, dances, cloud seeding, explosions, sacrificials with the same results as if they did none of those things. There is so much stuff we do as groups to try to cope with the harsh realities of life. Then...
Science, Health & History Tidbits
Dec 27, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by MojoDave
Bionic Pancreas for Type 1 Diabetes Gets ‘Breakthrough’ Designation From FDA
Feline Fanatics
Dec 26, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FSMLion
Mr. Picino decided to stick out his tongue at me a few days ago. he actually does it often. when he is happy. Anyone else’s cat stick out their tongues? Hope everyone did something joyful while others were praying to their invisible Santa
Dec 25, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by webspider555
The building blocks of life
Scientists
Dec 25, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by TristanNuvo
Happy Birthday Sir. Isaac Newton!
Dec 25, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Mitch07102
An interview of the recently deceased Baba Ram Das that nicely illustrates the Stoic concept of Amor Fati: Don't just casually accept your fate, rather, embrace it, love it, appreciate it. It is all you have, and it is up to you to make a gift of it....
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FiliusInfernum
Cthulmas, anyone??
CLASSIC ROCK RULES
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FearlessFly
Aerosmith - Baby, Please Don't Go
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by TheGreatShadow
Trump v windmills. Again. On the bright side at least I haven't heard about his fucking wall in a while.
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Mcflewster
In trying not to insult religionists an article in a previous post '"Can we avoid insulting believers ?"' "Here’s the only workable approach I know: Be polite. Stay calm. Be reasonable. Don’t assert your doubt too forcefully. Instead, ask questions designed to make the ...
Out Of The Illusion
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by FrayedBear
What I do not understand is the fact that although the Prime Minister is in denial and devoid of intelligent idea other than pray to the fairy in the sky he must surely know that Australia has 82,000 armed personnel who are fully paid and insured to ...
Dec 24, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by glennlab
Pubic servace announcement
Dec 23, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Merseyman1
When the white missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray and close our eyes', but when we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. (Desmond Tutu)
Dec 23, 2019Dec 2019

Nasty elf
Dec 22, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Charliesey
Olive hasn't been raised': After praying for miracle, girl's family now plans memorial. REDDING, Calif. ... "We have sought a miracle from God to raise her from the dead. We realize this is out of the norm, but that's what a miracle is – it's ...
Dec 22, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by hankster
I wonder how much antagonism will be present in the congregations that gather this morning all over the nation concerning Trump's rebuke, or forgiveness for his very non-Christian Behavior. lots of praying that he might be granted a soul or his ...
Photography
Dec 22, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by MissKathleen
Good Sunday morning from Yuma.
Dec 20, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by BookDeath
LINKBethel Church in California praying for the resurrection of Olive Heiligenthal - The Washington Post
Dec 19, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Joanne
I am going to pray today. I am taking my truck in today to have the power steering pump checked out. I had it replaced a few months back but it decided to act up again. So, I am going to pray to my mocha latte (I am currently drinking) that it is ...
Dec 17, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by dokala
Their laughing only gets louder as rents go up from all the houses they grabbed following the 08 crash.
Mental Health Support
Dec 17, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Annaleda
True. True.
Critical thinking
Dec 16, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by RichieO
I was thinking, (it’s a bad habit of mine). One of the reasons some folk cling to their religion so tenaciously is that prayer and faith can appear to work most of the time for them, but one has to ask do these folk have low expectations and ...
Oddities and Anomalies
Dec 16, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by TheGreatShadow
Search for missing hiker called off after rescue volunteer dies looking for him Ironic huh? Fun fact; most search and rescue missions are carried out by CAP. Friend of mine has been bugging me for years to join...
Dec 15, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Wallace
They say 90 percent of what you worry about won't happen. So, instead of praying thay something bad won't happen would't one's chances be better by worring that it will?!
Out Of The Illusion
Dec 15, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by William_Mary
What if I told you that the impeachment hearings are..... ROBERT PARRY: Cheering a ‘Democratic’ Coup in Ukraine The revival of some of the worst anti-Russian, Cold War rhetoric has been heard in the impeachment hearings on Capitol Hill. ...
Dec 14, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by AB313
I pray that my first post on this website is a success and that it helps me level up to eventually become an Agnostic.com Super Saiyan. Come up with a funny ending to this sentence: "If the power of prayer was real, ..."
Dec 14, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Bn4fE5
So, what is your favorite bible story? Personally, I am fond of the part where Jesus is alone and praying in the garden, and yet we have a litteral transcript of every word of his prayer. Seriously, how could that happen if there wasn't an invisible ...
Dec 11, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by SeaGreenEyez
LINKPastors, worship leaders pray for Trump in Oval Office amid impeachment fight
Hippie Land -
Dec 11, 2019Dec 2019

Anyone ever hear of this musical promoter? He worked with quite a few famous people LOL.
Dec 11, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Sierra4
Who says prayers are not answered.
Dec 11, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by alatlas
Dealing with praying?
Dec 10, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by silver70x
I am agnostic. I have a friend that will not truly listen to me of how the ancient Christian history and further ancient happenings, to understand what was going on during those time periods and how these religeous idealogy actions perpetrated in ...
Dec 10, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Jeff26
Dr. John - Such a night.
Dec 8, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Beowulfsfriend
What is our purpose in life? Is it a simple: we have none. Or, possibly, as we are creatures, we have to keep having more little creatures. Add to that, most of our near cousins like social grouping. Is that civilization (it fits no science born ...
Dec 7, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by scurry
Maybe that hat... ?
Dec 7, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Heidi68
Saturday sillies
Dec 7, 2019Dec 2019

LINKWSJ Essayist: Atheists Should Just “Lie” to Their Kids When Talking About Death | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos
Dec 7, 2019Dec 2019

LINKMike Pence Urges Evangelicals To Pray For Four More Years Of Trump
Dec 6, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by JacarC
Diversity is NOT a strength. It is a core reason of social decay. . . Research by a liberal. But, then of course it is the fault of whities, as usual.
Dec 6, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by IAJO163
LINKChase and shootout involving hijacked UPS truck in Florida lead to four deaths
Conservative Atheists
Dec 5, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by azzow2
Did you hear Nancy Pelosi squawking about how she is a good catholic and then in the same breath call Trump a coward. Trump has a lot of negative qualities cowardice is not one of his short comings. I was wondering why Pelosi had turned on him. ...
Newbie Groupies!
Dec 5, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by RWeekley
So happy to have found a group of like minded people. Life circumstances have put me back in my hometown after 35 years. Not much has changed. Religion and conservatism reigns. I don't fit in and I'm dying for intelligent conversation with some one ...
Dec 4, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Donne
I had a VERY interesting conversation today with a guy going to seminary... he told me that animals don’t have souls...now I can’t PROVE that ANYTHING has a soul, but I can say that animals exhibit similar traits and behaviors as humans which ...
Dec 3, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by rmbs777s
So Im in some real financial trouble might be homeless Tommarrow who thinks if I pray to GOD I will see a miricle ?
Dec 2, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by chalupacabre
Read a great quote tonight. "Pray: to ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a singular petitioner confessedly unworthy" - Ambrose Bierce
Legalize Cannabis Nationwide/Worldwide
Dec 2, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by OldGoat43
NEGATIVE NEBRASKAN Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts (R) mentioned marijuana in a fundraising email he sent that warned about "the creep of socialism." Don Walton Nov 30, 2019 All politics is local, legendary former House Speaker Tip O'Neill used to ...
Pro Gun Rights
Dec 1, 2019Dec 2019

Posted by Trajan61
So it appear from this that it ok to defend yourself from an armed robbery and assault providing you have a concealed carry license but if not it appears your toast. I’m sure this particular woman was thankful for her Handgun. She should have never...
CLASSIC ROCK RULES

CLASSIC ROCK RULES
Nov 30, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by FearlessFly
Bruce Springsteen - Good Eye
Nov 29, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by glennlab
This just isn't right, but anyway
Uncommon words and their meanings.
Nov 29, 2019Nov 2019

CLIPE. - Verb/Noun...this is another word which is a peculiarity of the Scots tongue and can be used as both a verb and a noun. To clipe on someone means to “tell on them“, or “grass them up“ - usually it is used to refer to children when ...
The public forum...
Nov 28, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by JazznBlues
My dad is very religious, the look he gave me when we sat down to supper tonight was adorable. I'm completely public and comfortable with my Atheism. He looked up at me and very humbly asked if he could say grace. I bowed my head which I never do and...
50s +
Nov 28, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by kevin2020
Happy thanksgiving from vermont !!
Nov 27, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by chalupacabre
Any of you read Breaking the Spell by Daniel Dennett? Reading it now and really enjoying it. A couple times, he's compared religion and the religious to the relationship between a parasite that takes on rats as hosts in order to enter cats. An ...
Hike, Climb, Paddle
Nov 27, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by BDair
Paddling into a sea cave.
Insomniacs
Nov 26, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by RavenCT
Goodnight - hoping for a far better night's sleep tonight - not only did I wake every 1 to 2 hours last night - I also had phone calls and a garbage truck waking me on the hour in the am.... I need sleep tonight!
Godless Musicians
Nov 26, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by BDair
Jammin' the Satanic Trance Grooves.
Taboos - Do This, Don't Do That
Nov 25, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by St-Sinner
Never Touch a Person's Head in Thailand Most people have heard this by now but it’s still worth putting it out there one more time. Never, I repeat, NEVER touch someone’s head in Thailand. The head is thought to be the most sacred and ...
Cancer Sucks/Cancer Survivors
Nov 25, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by confidentrealm
Red devil chemotherapy. I keep asking myself why I'm I doing this. Isn't there a better way to get rid of cancer than to destroy the rest of the body? I have been in the hospital for three days. I just got home. I haven't been out of bed since ...
Nov 24, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by Casey07
I've pent most of the last two weeks in an I.C.U. where my brother suffers from a rare syndrome named Guillain Barre. Other than blinking he is immobile. He is fully conscience.He blinks once for yes twice for no. There is no cure. If he is awake I ...
Nov 23, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by URAKENT
There is a movie called The Ghoul starring Peter Cushing, that came out in 1975. I was a kid when I saw it, so maybe I remember it wrong. Anyway, Peter Cushing's character was an ex priest that had lost his faith and he would kneel in the chapel at...
Nov 23, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by Mimee
Learning to pray when times are rough is less important than learning to be Human..anon.
Nov 22, 2019Nov 2019

Posted by mentalinnuendo
This morning, we had an agency-wide managers’ meeting, offsite. The ED decided to start the meeting with prayer as usual (even though we are classified as a governmental entity, it’s the East Texas Bible Belt). As always, I tried to be ...