Agnostic.com

16 2

If you discovered there was no god, How would you go about not worshiping it?

anonymous 7 Dec 24

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

just like I do now or don't as the case may be.

Which god?

All of them?

Does everyone on Earth know they don't exist?

If there were no theists anymore, I would no longer need to be an atheist.

I don't worship anything now except potato latkes.

If we can get a group together somewhere for MA and NH I'll make some.

I go about not worshiping a fictional being by: living my life, appreciating nature, being a good person and not feeling guilty about not going to a place of brainwashing every Sunday.

I unworship every day. It's easy and quite relaxing.

By fully living, not devaluing this life like it's some kind of dress rehearsal for an afterlife.

Like this! 😉

Varn Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

Well, since I made that discovery long ago...or at least any "real god" doesn't care if its worshiped...

considers a moment

Yeah, nothing would change!

Hide behind anonymity and see if God killed me for eating forbidden fruit? Gotta start somewhere. Baby steps is ok. There is no such thing as worship, just submission. Taking responsibility for you life all at once requires willpower you may not have yet. Give it time. Love something.

I would go about my life making my own meaning and not worshipping the exact same way I don't worship now because gods aren't real.

Stupid war ship I've been doing that

sin baby sin

I have already discovered there is no god(s) about as much as one can.

This is a bit like, if I didn't win the lottery how wouldn't I spend the money. ???? But seriously, I'd take a moment to feel vindicated, and then just another day in a godless universe that exists because it exits.

That's currently an untestable theory, but I'd crack a beer and open some more Christmas presents!

Stay home on sundays and study Abstract Algebra instead?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.