Agnostic.com

10 1

What have you learned since joining this site?

By anonymous7
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've increased my vocabulary, learned how to post, and learned that some people don't know how to be a friend.

I learned that I have lots to learn....

Since I joined this site I have learned that there are people on here who are seeking answers to questions. There are people on here looking to find someone with whom they can have a relationship. There are people on here because it gives them a sense of community in which they can express their views without fear of being burned at the stake for heresy. There are people on here who like to discuss various topics.There are people on here who have a great sense of humor and there are people on here who have no sense of humor.There are people on here who are lonely and this for them is a way of connecting with others. There are people on here who disagree with my views and there are people on here whose views I disagree with. There are people on here who have caused me to reflect on my thoughts. There are people on here who promote some service provided by a friend or aquaintance. There are people on here who are open minded......

ASTRALMAX Level 7 Dec 27, 2017

That most people are friendly, but a couple are angry and aggressive, and just now that Sidney BC only has a single "y" at the end.

Rugglesby Level 8 Dec 26, 2017

I've found a place I can vent about religion and politics without the Republican Conservative friends bs. And I also found a like minded girl with similar interests. So, I'm very contend with this site.

DragonFZ Level 5 Dec 26, 2017

It feels so good to have a sign of intelligent life on this planet.

noworry28 Level 7 Dec 26, 2017

I learned that faith is a touchy hot-button issue. It's an insanity that we cannot escape. There is a desperation that seems to be expected with unknowns...and we turn to other to try and make order out of chaos.

To know I’m not alone. Out of all my friends, one was the only one I could talk to about this. Now I know more of us are out there than what we think. Most of the people here have been great!

I've learned I'm not alone, there are others who think like me. Lots of them. Which I kinda already knew, it is so cool to have them all together on one site. I got really tired of the bible thumpers on so many other sites.

I've learned there is a lot of negativity, bad attitudes and intolerance on this site toward those that don't have the same convictions as we do. It's very disturbing! Shouldn't we be trying to bridge those gaps? We all have to live together on this planet and you're never going to convince everyone that you're right and they're wrong. I'm not sure why you would want to. Having constructive conversation with believers is a really good thing and should be mutually agreeable. You don't have to convince anyone to believe what you believe, but if you have an intellectual conversation about it without criticism or insult ... that's progress. You don't have to change the world ... but planting a seed is a really good thing.

stomato Level 6 Dec 26, 2017

Bridging the gaps would be good if both sides agree on how important it is. It's called openness and usually compromises are needed. Do you see this from those that are trying to take over the country and are completely intransigent in their methods?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:10815'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!