Agnostic.com

9 2

Who created heaven and earth? (not yet nonbelievers welcome)

K, ye heathens, t'is time ye learnt some religion!

This is short enough to paste so I'll give kudos to the Skeptics' Annotated Bible for the following. If you don't mind memorizing a few verses you can ask this question of your favorite theist!

God the Father did it all by himself.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.Isaiah 44:24

Jesus did it.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:6-10
By him [Jesus] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him. Colossians 1:16

Both of them did it.
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and through whom we exist. 1 Corinthians 8:6

[skepticsannotatedbible.com]

DangerDave 8 Jan 12

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe they are eternal? Always have been and always will be.

The almighty, powerful me did it! Ha ha ha!

Kind remind me of Sybil....Mofo has many personalities

Why does there have to be a beginning ? You may not have noticed but there appears to be no end either!!!!!

Earth was created during the Big Bang. Heaven does not exist.

Remember the big bang is still just a theory.

And do you only ever read the questions on posts and not the details?

I never studied the New Testament so I was lost after Genesis and Isaiah

Can God create a rock so heavy he can't lift it? #Omnipotence not

jeffy Level 7 Jan 12, 2018

This is basics the early humans would go into the dark and a lot of time never return. They were prey to nocturnal animals. So the dark became fearsome hence evil was created. So being creative as we know people are light was deemed good. The idea of heaven was most likely created because lighting struck and in some cases created fire bringing light to the dark.

as expected from uneducated goat herders, that knew nothing about science, the universe or the planet we live on. it is a leading question as you must know, not unlike why did you murder your wife.

it is fun to use their buybull against them, most have not read it. thanks for the post, but i hope we don't have any or many theist on this site.

"Full frontal" theists are fair game here as anywhere on the site. We'll race to get to pound them first. Some well versed apologists might give us a run but that could be even more entertaining!

I'm hoping to lure in the fence riders though, so posts as these can be either easter eggs or atom bombs for them. Either way, I just want that sudden "I believed all this crap for years?!?" epiphany many nonbelievers experience.

Yes, posts. I'll be leaving some every few days as bait for both!

All things written in all so-called holy books were written by men in the service of men. The contradictions within these books make it impossible to take them seriously.

As to who created the heavens and the earth (the universe) if anyone, no one knows.

So here is a thought...

You have a piece of metal that you strike with a hammer. It creates a spark, within the center of that spark is a tiny universe and in the second or two that it takes for the spark to die out that tiny universe has aged billions and billions of years where solar systems and life were born and died.
Even though the spark was created by your action you would not have had any influence on the evolution of its lifespan.

So, did someone/thing create our universe?...maybe. Did someone influence the evolution of our life?...not likely. If by some miraculous chance that the God/s of the so-call holy books are real, then he/they/it has a lot to answer for.

Betty Level 7 Jan 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14538
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.