Agnostic.com

200 18

Why do you reject the idea of religion?

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

200 comments (151 - 175)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. No proof. If you accept Religion A, then why not Religion B? They all have the same amount of proof: zero.
  2. I look at all the easily duped sheep and the violence-prone believers and it occurs to me that if these are sort of people who believe religion, it can't be right.

i reject it bc its not important . if it was i think hed bring his ass down here and show us hes real . so im not following anyones beliefs . going off of belief is not how u find truth. i see no evidence for it like at all . so yes i reject anything that has 0 evidence

Simply because it is mere superstition. Fantasies made by humans to explain terrifying inexplicable phenomena when they were scientifically ignorant; and worse, a tool of mental/emotional control by governments, churches, and individuals for controlling people's lives and assets. I consider religion, adherence to beliefs in the supernatural as a waste of time. Much more satisfying to investigate, understand underlying facts... Better by far to have a probabilistic, tentative awareness of reality than an unshakable stance of the universe based on irrationality. Gods are one way of saying "no" to infinite possibilities. Science and I disavow religion.

I believe a different definition of god. The only view that could be considered "god" would be that love=god=love+the amazing variety of the beauty of all plants, animals and people.

Because That Idea is Not a Good Idea.

A mental illness that has been taught and passed down for generations. As I said before, religious people remind me of the people in resident evil. They always went around infecting the healthy with their illness. See the similarities?

For one thing most of it is based on a book the Catholic's screwed with long ago putting into it what they chose to, and leaving out what they chose not to let us see. It is a mix of truth and fiction. I know what I feel inside and that is my compass and truth meter.

Religions (for me obviously) are emotionally hollow; they have no appeal as ways of knowing the real world. And alternatively, "believing" in invisible friends takes up ones time, mental capacity. Saying "gods" is akin to saying "no"; it closes ones mind to infinite possibilities.

I hate the control preachers have over the congregation. You follow them or get out. That's it. There's know gray area.

Because when I 1st rejected religion they followed up with hate/harassment and I didn't want my future children to be around people that say its ok to treat people this way since they're not like you. Plus the whole murder non-xtians thing they had in the past with slavery and their casual its just a test statement, just proves that their religion is testing to see how far someone would go for themselves and honestly it scary to see someone do and say something so fucked up only for them to be supported by the large number of people who are saying its ok to not listen to them.
But than again we see that everywhere we go. In school I remember someone making fun of this kid cause he had on a fake shoe brand. More than 3/4 of the class laughed at him including me, but I was only laughing just to fit in. Eventually I stopped follow the evidential asshole who fed off of making people suffer for their own benefit and I realized how similar bullying was to the xtian religion

Simply put, religion, any religion, cannot live up to the proclamation of being a true source for spiritual growth, enlightenment, and morality. Religion is the construct of human hands, of imperfect beings, therefor religion is inherently imperfect as well, and the arguments defending these imperfections are shallow at best.

I do believe in a God despite the lack of any hard evidence, however I do not believe in religion. You can take from gems from it, but feel free to discard the rest of the garbage.

I reject the concept of religion as all are man made for the power and the glory of men and the complete subjugation of women.
I do have a small place in my heart for Lillith, however, before she was demonised and replaced by the buttercup, rib girl Eve!

Totally agree. Thankyou for sharing

I only reject the idea of evil.

Construct of fallible humanity too often used to the detriment of humanity

Religion is different then belief in god(s). Religion is a man made construct to use,manipulate,segrigate and enslave ignorant masses. You can however have belief in god(s) withiut conforming to a religion.

I don't. That is like rejecting the idea of cruises. I don't take cruises. Some cruises are probably better than other cruises. I don't want anyone telling me I have to take a cruise. But for some people cruises could be a positive aspect of their lives. Cruises have existed as long as mankind has had a functional brain, more or less. Rejectng the notion of them is similar to wearing blinders, is it not?

Stephen Fry's response is exactly why I reject religion. I do not have time to waste on this Earth thinking about "what's next" when I truly won't give a shit because I'll be dead. I hope my energy is transformed into a future star so it can then be later exploded across a galaxy and destroy a ton of stuff on the way. And should I discover that I was "wrong" about god, well, I guess I'll have to explain to it what it did was reproachable and unforgivable and that it will need to spend the rest of eternity begging for my forgiveness; however, I would never forgive it.

I believe solely in evolution the bible doesn't explain prehistoric animal's they most have existed because of their fossil's

Im intelligent. I read. I put "my faith" in tangible science.

Real stuff can be jaw-dropping though can't it?

I don't reject religion, since I was a young lad it never made sense to me!

I remember rejecting religion somewhere between ages 7 and 10. I was interested in astronomy and I knew there was no room for "Heaven" up there.

I'm a scientist that proves everything with facts. All of the religions are based on camp fire stories that have been rewritten over the years.

The winders of the Cosmos far exceeds that of any god or religion!

Because religion is a lie.

I went to Catholic Elementary school-complete with Hell-Fire paddle wielding nuns who would try to whack your little ass into anything they couldnt talk it into........

I was lucky. I was born into an atheist family. Public school for me.

Grown ups shouldn't believe in fairy tales. It's to to end the propagation of ignorance, political influence, and confidence scam that is religion.

JimG Level 8 Nov 8, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.