Agnostic.com

6 4

How many of you would CHOOSE to live alone if you had the financial means?

Goat 5 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have lived alone for almost all of my adult life . Oh, I've had lovers/boyfriends(manfriends?), but after my (ahem) 2nd divorce almost 23 years ago, I have never lived with another man/roommate, etc. I have supported myself forever it seems, and find that freeing. No one NEEDS anyone........but we can choose to be with people if they fit into our realm of being.

I do - and I love it (if you don't count dogs, cats & fish). Not because I don't want to adjust to someone else - but because I simply enjoy it. Equate to the fact that I am an atheist and don't need religion - it's the same for a mate. I never feel lonely and it's peaceful. I can socialize any time I want by stepping out.

I've lived alone for almost 6 years. It's wonderful. I don't think I could live with another person ever again.

I’ve found that I really need my alone time. 24 years of marriage was not easy for me. No more reading in bed. Telling someone where you were all the time. Having to eat meals at a certain time. I enjoy living alone. I’ve done it before. But now I live with my 24 year old autistic son. But he’s great company most of the time and he might be moving out and I’m kind of sad!

Norie Level 5 Jan 28, 2018

I prefer to live with somebody that is honest and reliable and we share similar interests in many thing and sharing the responsibilities of life is much easier to live with somebody you love and care about. yes you have to compromise when you are in a relationship and many people don't understand that. nobody agrees 100% of the time.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

Oh yeah.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.