Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (301 - 325)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Laughter.

I say that their 'God' is nasty, vindictive and unjust, how fair is it that you can spend eternity in 'Hell' for sins over a few decades, I could never support such a 'God' and I would rather spend my time in 'Hell' with a clear conscience than sucker up to such an evil, wicked thing they call 'God'. To date I have never had a counter-argument other than a malicious "You are going to rot in Hell! Ha!Ha!"

Wow, I am not alone. Thanks for sharing.

If it happened, I would probably would smile and tell them I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

"Aye well that's sound, mate" and just storm off.

Jshep Level 1 Oct 23, 2017

laughter mostly, and some pity.

I just politely laugh, and say well, good on him.

I make up some nonsense about the FSM and what it is going to do to them for not doing it. I love it when they claim I am being stupid suggesting such things as I can point out to them that it is exactly how their nonsense sounds to everyone else.

I just say, "I hope that happens to me"

I tell them that's why I'm getting cremated. HAVE TO GET USED TO THE HEAT! Don't really care what others think. If you don't like my views, leave me alone.

It's your hell, you burn in it. I choose a different path, thank you very much. 🙂

You show me ONE person... just one... who is suffering in hell, and I'll listen to what you have to say.

"Awesome, see you there".

"Now there's your loving god. Have an excellent day."

I usually say, "good, all my friends will be there too."

Often, I agree. But, remind them firmly that I don't believe in such things, so it doesn't matter.

I raise both my arms and in my best Doc Holiday voice: "say when..."

"Go fuck yourself" usually does it for me.

Derek Level 2 Oct 2, 2017

Laughter...

It is immature, and just shows that they don't have any other logical thing to convince me other than threats. It is similar to beating a child instead of reasoning with them.

mtn85 Level 2 Oct 2, 2017

Laugh at how stupid it is

Laughter. I counter with telling them to watch out for the boogeyman and make sure not to step on any cracks.

i just flip them off

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.