Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (451 - 475)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

someone threatens me with hell my response is to tell them, hell is all around us

Smile and wave

I would respond with "I Hell or not at least I will be away from you".

OK sorry for this but decided to come up with ANOTHER answer, my quote of the day, please feel free to use it yourselves if you like,I don't have copywrite on this, "'And there was a war in the heavens and St Michael the archangel defeated Satan and His minions and threw Satan out of heaven and God gave unto Satan Earth as His domain.' Now as YOUR God gave Satan Earth as His domain, that means we are ALREADY in Hell, so how can I go there after I die?" They of course have NO answer to that, wellthe fanatics will TRY and argue the point, but just stand there and KEEP TO THE POINT JUST MADE! The fanatics will try and twist it to some other balls, but keep to the quote or they will start on another subject.

I laugh and keep it moving , we curse people all the time that's why they call it cursing in the first place lol , they have no power honey only if you give power to it and that's the truth

I tell them I've been reincarnated as a Christian and hope to one day get a few rungs above the bottom of the ladder!

Jesus said judge not or yee shal be juged he who is with out sin shall cast the first stone
Its good stuff to bad they are to dumb to under stand him..

I tell them I already got kicked out of hell for selling ice cubes.

It use to piss me off when my children were told they were going to hell but I just reasoned with them and they handled it .They had their church experience and made up their own minds . I just tell them I don't believe in hell .

I have taken, recently, to asking them where Hell is and how they know that. Questions throw them off balance and usually blunt aggressive approaches.

My finding was that 'Hell' is experienced in the church and by belonging to one.

When approached by a street preacher calling for "hellfire and damnation," I tell them, "I grew up in South Louisiana, boo. You CANNOT scare me with heat."

I laugh. I usually say something like, "Satan's been saving my seat."

"I'll Race ya."

Not that it happens often, but I am known to have said " if you and your kind are gonna be in heaven, that's not where I want to go "

I laugh my arse off

I am used to of that, but it sucks.

Hussy Level 4 Nov 27, 2017

I wish I could keep from laughing--it really gets under some people's skins. But the idea of eternal punishment or damnation is just hilarious!

Not to be flippant, but I would walk away and stay away. To say such a thing suggests they are irrational, deluded or a zealot and they should be avoided.

I will save you a seat by the fire. Bring beer.

I tell them that Satan shakes in his shoes every time my old man's heart palpitates. Scared shitless he will be on his way to hell to take over and put El Diablo in his place. I survived 14 years with that sumbitch . Your hell doesn't concern me in the least. Pretend you have a little backbone bible thumper

with a pinch of salt

I don't they have to figure it out from the conversation.

Gabi Level 2 Nov 24, 2017

I try not to laugh.

Gabi Level 2 Nov 24, 2017

Since you think it is your duty to decide where I should go maybe you would like to meet me there and we could discuss it over coffee or something.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.