Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (551 - 575)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, I leave, walk away, would not associate knowingly with anybody of that mind set.

"cool story, bro"

I try not to laugh and keep my sanity because no one wants to see me snapped

I tend to laugh, or roll my eyes. but then, i don't get out much, and i don't tend to hang out with religious people, so it doesn't happen a lot.

g

I have done a number of things. I've asked if they are afraid of being judged by Anubis. I've told them "yeah, not only that but Santa won't bring me gifts, either". I've laughed. I sometimes am actually pretty calm about explaining why it would be stupid for me to worry about something I do not believe is real, but that rarely makes an impression, their eyes just glaze over and they suffer a moment of cognitive dissonance and then go on with their prattle as though it never happened.

... I laugh and laugh...

I threaten them with freezing in Scandinavian hell forever if they don't worship Odin. 🙂

"My humble curse: May the shit have said and done come to life and kiss you." - Frank Zappa

Laugh hysterically!!!

Laughter

I usually laugh it off because it’s not worth arguing over. I’m not going to change their minds. They’ve already drank the cool aid.

I would blow them off and go among my business. How I live my life now is none of there concern. Imaginary things can't hurt you.

Find them amusing and think how idiotic they are to believe such nonsense.

I say to him that people that judge others are bad and will not receive gifts from Santa and Easter bunny.
And then just let them fall in the trap XD.

I'd tell them to "bring it on" and when nothing happens...... to go screw themselves.

First of all, I would ask them to come on in. Question, is the bible the inerrant word of God??? That's the dumbest question of all. I love to have people ask me that. You answered the question very well. Bible, both the Torah and the New testament were written by a group of people with many different agendas. How in the hell can you possibly claim that the Bible is inerrant when you can show many, many versions of the same thing. Where was Christ born??No one knows, probably Nazareth, certainly not Jerusalem, when was he born?? No one knows, probably somewhere between 6 B.C. and 10 A.D. Was he crucified on a Thursday, or on a Friday?? No one knows. Who witnessed the resurrection?? No one. What is this nonsense by the Nicene creed, one in three and three in one?? Ridiculous. The Bible is loaded with errors both big and small. Ask the guys to come and visit me.

I view religious punishments as I would a man threatening to kill me with a teddy bear.

Reality has punished me enough. You don't scare me! Lol.

Fantastic! All the good bands & all the cool people are in hell, sounds good to me.

Never happened.

zesty Level 7 Oct 7, 2018

I just ignore them because as I used to be a christian and finally saw the light, they will argue with you about a hopeless lie which is heaven and hell. Of course, people have fallen for this for yrs and they have to believe in something to clear their conscience. Fear keeps them trapped.

I simply do not care.

I dunno, will they report me to Santa and the Easter Bunny, too?

Hey, don't threaten me with a good time!

I politely ask them where people who wish ill on others go...why is their behavior any less egregious than anything I do?

I don't feel like I owe anyone an explanation of my personal beliefs, much less those who are so closed minded and absolute in their thinking they have the right answer for everyone. Seriously, to "hell" with them, not me...

You a thinker after my own heart

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.