Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you tried reasoning with a machine? Have you tried to doscuss with a computer program?
I never discuss to religous people..they are like machines wth programs in their main cpu with no thinking and analyzing ability. Then why would i bother myself

Nothing. Maybe a shrug. No biggie to me. I don't believe that stupidity. So I just move on.

Depends, but it might go something like this:

Them: "You're going to hell."
Me: "Judge not, lest ye be judged."
Them: "I'm not judging you! God is judging you!"
Me: "Then why is that passage even in the bible? What does it mean, and why is it in there?"
Them: ...
Them: ...

lol...thats a good one. Ill have to work that into my rhetoric, if you don't mind! 🙂

Laughter!

Bring it on!

Then I realize they live with these fears as reality, and I feel sorry for them.

Even from a religion standpoint hell is there only for manipulation. All verses that translate to hell are Either Gethsemane, Hades or Tartarus.

Gethsemane is a garden near Jerusalem.
Hades is the afterlife of Greek Mythology.
Tartarus is Hades' basement.

So unless you are afraid of olives or Zeus, the concept is there to "scare" people into obedience. Tragic that it worked so well people still have nightmares today.

People tend to throw insults and threats that they fear themselves. Trump calls people stupid and dishonest, when he fears it is true of himself. People scream hell when they fear they will join you there.

I worry a lot more about heat from global warming than I do from hellfire.

It makes me laugh inside and feel sorry for them

When people tell me I am going to hell, I usually ask them, "which one? Michigan or Norway?"

A friend told me if you don't believe in God you're going to hell. It really hurt. I talked to her about it. She apologized, but I lost a littler respect for her. She said she went to hell.smh.

Even now she probably believes it, indoctrination is real.

"If i go to hell i hope they don't put me near those people who drive slow in the fast lane"

Hell is only a fast lane, and you have a unicycle with a flat tire.

Idk, heaven sounds like a dull ass place. ?

Laughter & " Come on then - bring it on!" I'll see you there!

jacpod Level 8 July 28, 2018

I paraphrase Milton by saying, “I’d rather reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.”

Jimm Level 4 July 26, 2018

I might be scared only if I believed otherwise f..k you too.

Boni Level 5 July 26, 2018

This one is so easy . Only Christians can go to Hell . According to your Bible , God created the angles . Then Lucifer , one of God's favorites , rebelled , and God caste him from heaven . God created Hell . If there is no God , then he couldn't have created Hell . Therefore , I can't go there .

Laugh my ass off. Then certainly make up a version of Hell that would devastate them; and tell them that is where my beliefs send them.

If it were on Facebook I would probably write something like "That's so cute!!"

Not much. It doesn't happen much to me. I see the expression as nonsense and them as stupendously ignorant zombies.

I don’t respond anyone who knows me knows that not a safe tactic

"You first, asshole..."

I assume they are projecting because they are dirty little freaks.

dokala Level 7 July 20, 2018

Ignore

PDF Level 5 July 18, 2018

Laughter is the best medicine.

soquel Level 6 July 11, 2018

Shrug of the shoulders "Not me mate"

Heaven is the reward, hell is the punishment so the concept of heaven and hell are about religion's attempt at control. People that threaten with religious punishment are trying to control with fear. My response is very simple, Your beliefs are your beliefs, mine are mine.

I tell them that that is where all the fun people go...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.