Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can not take the person or the threat seriously. I do the eeeeeewwwwwwweeeeee spooky boogyman gonna getcha creepy fingers geture.

Hahahaha, I love this!

How can you threaten someone who doesn't believe in the same things as you do. I just chuckle and tell them okay and then chuckle again.

Being polite is always good but it would be better to stay away from those kind of circles cause they might misinterpret your chucles as an insult

I don't sweat the Easter bunny either.

Mojo Level 2 Sep 30, 2017

I tell them I lived in Vegas for 20 years to acclimate to the heat.

lol

I tell them that we create heaven and hell right here on earth every moment of our lives, and I let them know in no uncertain terms that their odious, sanctimonious presence was too hellish for me to tolerate---and then I walk away.

great answer!

I smile and start speaking in tongues 🙂

Monad Level 4 Sep 26, 2017

I will NEVER seek the services of one of those "believers" because I will never end up on death row. Just goes to show how much religious people will believe, I think.

Well first I don't get mad, I get even. (joke kinda) I let them know in a very calm voice that if there is a God who created Hell for people who don't believe, if that's true and I'm suffering in Hell for all eternity, then I'll be suffering there knowing I'm more moral than the God who created me. Be careful not to say God sent me or insinuate that in any way because you've just lost your message. They ignore the ramifications of what you said and start talking nonsense about how you sent yourself.

I have very little response. I am not afraid of the nothing. It does fill me with wonder and a bit of pity on their behalf.

I'm laughing at your example of (i.e. Hell/Jahannam) because when a christian asks me if I'm afraid of going to hell, I ask "but aren't you afraid of being condemned to jahannam?" They typically don't know what it is, so after a brief explanation, their answer is always "well, no I'm not afraid because, I'm not Islamic so I don't believe jahannam exists!" and they've responded to their own threat for me.

I need to use this also. It is such a smart way of backing them into seeing your perspective; well unless...

I ask them how they know the other thousand gods they don't believe in are not the true way. How can they be so sure?

So you drive them crazy

My 6 year old grandson ask me if I believed in god and when I replied that I didn’t believe in something that doesn’t exist he answered “but papa if you don’t believe in god you will go to hell”. The indoctrination of young children pisses me off but there’s not a whole lot I can do about it as that is his parents decision. He hasn’t brought it up in a long time so maybe he’s decided that Papa is ok even though he’s going to hell.

Papa you’re ok

what kills me are the non-believers who send their kids to indoctrination training so that they’ll have a well rounded education when deciding for themselves. WTF?

Show me anyone who has received that punishment and I will believe you!!!

Stig Level 5 Oct 24, 2018

I just ignore them. Even if it's true, I wouldn't want to be in their version of Heaven, anyway.

I'll be in good company, then.

It would depend on the religious faith tradition of the person . But generally speaking , in regards to Occam's razor , I would raise the possibility , for the sake of argument , of us both being wrong . Like for instance , if the person were a Christian , I would ask what if there is a god , but it's not the Triune Christian god , and he holds it against you that you equate Jesus with him ? Like if the Muslims are correct then such Christians will be liable to go to hell not in spite of their accepting Jesus as lord and savior , but rather because of it .

You are not God or God can do whatever the heck he wants and it is non of your business

I tell them that I will save them a spot right there next to me if such a place for being a bigot idiot! Cause as long as their attitude of being a bigot, they won't be going to heaven, either. Ha ha ha!

Tell them I feel for them.
Try to open there minds somewhat. ..

Try and open their minds, yes, but in Satanism, we do not give advice unless asked for 😉

Laugh and walk off, no use arguing with someone who won't listen.

I calmly tell them, "I'll see you there". I have come to find there really is no point in continuing a dialogue with someone when they throw out what they consider to be their trump card (you're going to hell!)

I laugh at them.

"Based on pictures, Hell looks more interesting than that other place anyway."

Not helpful, but the second threats come in to play, it's not really a civil conversation anyway.

True enough. When you threaten me, the gloves are off.

I generally say something along the lines of "I'm ready."

I laugh and say I'd rather be someplace with all my fun friends.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.