Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (151 - 175)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh no! Now you've got me worried! Then, perhaps, I might ask why they believe in hell. I might suggest that it might be preferred to the hell being made on earth. Or, perhaps, you've already brought me there.

I had a badly autistic child and was told it was my punishment for being sinful! The cruelty was awful!

Do what you gotta do

I say oh ya, and santa claus isn't going to bring you any presents, if you're not a good boy, either !

I just politely laugh, and say well, good on him.

Sounds more interesting than Heaven anyway.

Tell them it is just a control method. I am no longer afraid.

laughter mostly, and some pity.

"Aye well that's sound, mate" and just storm off.

Jshep Level 1 Oct 23, 2017

Laugh usually but ut depends ... If they are coming off super disrespecrful I might get a little nasty back with them. I have a smart mouth and I'm not afraid of a made up character that sits in space.

If it happened, I would probably would smile and tell them I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

I ask them:
Where it is?
Who runs it?
I’ve never been in jail in my life, why would an invisible friend or enemy worry about little ol me?

gearl Level 8 Oct 24, 2017

As a Satanist (unfortunately many people judge, misunderstand what that means) I don't believe in a Heaven or a Hell, and I would just chuckle quietly, look the person in the eye, and walk away 😉

AntiX Level 3 Oct 24, 2017

I laugh my ass off. I also love it when they ask, "don't you want to be saved?" "Hell freakin' no," I reply. "Saved from what? Logic, reason, critical thinking?!"

Ya .... I have no sin.. what did do wrong.....

Soooooo true!

I say that their 'God' is nasty, vindictive and unjust, how fair is it that you can spend eternity in 'Hell' for sins over a few decades, I could never support such a 'God' and I would rather spend my time in 'Hell' with a clear conscience than sucker up to such an evil, wicked thing they call 'God'. To date I have never had a counter-argument other than a malicious "You are going to rot in Hell! Ha!Ha!"

Wow, I am not alone. Thanks for sharing.

I laugh and point out that I'm not any more afraid of that than they would be of the tooth fairy.

Laughter.

I simply say, ok.

I laugh. It is pathetic.

I laugh and ask them where is this place called Hell? Also suggest it's perhaps a state of mind rather than a place and ask if they can relate to that?

Pedro Level 3 Oct 28, 2017

I think I would tell them that if hell really existed, it would have to be the home of freethinkers, because that where you claim we're all going.

"Okay, you can believe what you want. When you can show something good God actually does on Earth, maybe I'll worry about death. 'Til then, eh."

I laugh hilariously while making "horns" on my head with my fingers, then I stick my tongue out, shake my head and growl.

Thanks for being here with me!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.