Agnostic.com

594 23

What is your response when people threaten you with religious punishments? (i.e. Hell/Jahannam)

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

594 comments (201 - 225)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just laugh and roll my eyes up...

there isnt any prof of such thing, so there is no need to be afraid of it.

Very well put.

I always tell them that until i die and experience it but for now i do not believe what them or their holy book says and anytime i see that i see defeat in their eyes.

I laugh and tell them to hold their breath. And I remind them that I believe in energy and kharma (as far as receiving what you put into the universe) so, even if they DO believe that, they willl receive their comeuppance far sooner than I will go to hell. LOL

Don’t say sorry when you are not. I clarified that what I mean by karma is that you receive from the universe, what you put into it. I don’t know a better word for it, so I call it karma. Your response was thought out. So you are not sorry, you are judgemental. Perhaps a byproduct of the religion you no longer follow. Please don’t tell me what to call myself. And I won't tell you what to call yourself. Don’t come for me when I didn't send for you

I usually explain to them that their religion is really new in terms of religions through time. If there is a deity, and that deity is going to punish me it would not be the one they think it would be. Then they typically go away.

Prove to me at a hell exist then we can discuss
It they usually just walk away with a confessed look on the face

Laugh and explain I'm not afraid of something that doesn't exist.

I try to see the humor in it.

I tend to giggle a bit, then when they look all offended I just stare them down. I'll also remind them that I don't believe in that fairy tale so it has no effect on me. **I will say I was reading and someone mentioned being offended by it, and I must say, if I really think about what they are saying, it's absolutely awful of them.

This is something that really does offend me. I take it personally and feel as if that person is personally attacking me. My urge to defend myself from those attacks are pretty strong, even when it's just words spoken by a person on the other side of the world. Remember, it's their intent. They intend harm against you in the most personal and painful way they can imagine. It just bothers me when people cast judgement like that.

Good think I don't believe in heaven/hell. Also, if heaven is full of people like they are ( closed minded, bigoted religious zealots), then I don't want to go to heaven.

I have to be thinking the person believing in what they do and saying, doesn't mean they know what they are thinking and saying has any Truth in it. I'm for the "Truth" and being "Objective" about it. If there is some kind of God that doesn't like my best Honesty in Objective Truth's that I search deeply in my Life. Then I've done the best I can do. I do not care to follow subjective other people's ideas and belief's just to please them.

A smile. Then I bend at the waist, put my hands on my knees, and while staring at the ground and doing the "no gesture" with my head, I make the tsk, tsk, tsk,tsk, tsk sound with tongue against the hard palate. I don't own the gesture, feel free to use it yourself.

smile

Before I'd just agree with them to fit in...Today I'd ask religious people: "Can you prove your God the Devil and Hell outside of your brain please?" (Then sit back and listen to the ignorant excuses -Lmao!)

here if any body knew about it, you will be murdered not just threaten, that's why we don't share our opinions in public

I ignore them. In this day and age of space exploration, moonwalks and Dinosaur fossils, only a closed mind can still believe the bible (et al) is anything more than a collection of stories passed down from one generation to the next. Words and meaning were altered to suit the whim of the current interpreter, each time it was re-written.

Exactly....well said!! 🙂

I laugh!

I normally don't associate with those people.. they can be so overbearing..

Laugh

I laugh as I am looking at that stupid person.

tonia Level 5 Sep 25, 2017

it is stupid. Sounds they need to be threaten with Hell so they do not harm others !

Why do those on "death row" always, ALWAYS seek the comfort of a rabbi, priest, minister, etc., etc. ? I will NEVER seek the services of one of those "believers" because I will never end up on death row. Just goes to show how much religious people will believe, I think.

Was wondering, redeem themselves from what?

To me these ignorant people do not deserve a response.

Laughter

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.