Agnostic.com

730 32

Should religion be taught in schools?

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

730 comments (726 - 730)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee, I dunno....isn't there an Idea or two in our Constitution about SEPARATION OF CHURCH & STATE?

It would be a violation if one religion was taught as the correct one. I like the idea of teaching them about all the different religions, all shone in the same light, so they can hopefully learn that they cannot all be right--but they can all be wrong.

And, at the same time, they need to be learning real science so they can see that none of it is necessary in order to explain not only the universe, but also the evolution of morality etc.

Not a single religion, but "religions" yes. School children should be taught something about the world's predominant religions, and about non-religion. That's the kind of thing they will never learn at home.

'Hell' no! I would though support objective and historical information telling young ones about what people around the world (used to) believe! One day,, it might be all taught as history.

I took a World Religions class as an anthropology major. Religion classes are good for teaching young people about the belief systems of major World religions, about the same way Abnormal Psychology classes are good for teaching people the various kinds of nuts that they will meet out there in Life.

Yes, like in anthropology classes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.