Agnostic.com

317 11

Do you ever miss the religious life?

Admin 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

317 comments (301 - 317)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I miss it in the same way I miss childhood

Nope.

Zster Level 8 Oct 8, 2017

I was last “religious” in high school and even then, only to be in a “group”. It didn’t last long. I couldn’t bear it, actually. Do I miss it? Noooo.

Not at all my Sundays are now all mine.

No, not at all. I did, however, enjoy the singing. I always liked to sing and that was the only part that I liked.

The only time I miss it is when I loose someone close to me. I would like to believe they are up in the sky hanging out together living a peaceful life but I just don't. Other then that I don't miss it at all. Once I stopped believing I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders and my eyes really open up!

Nope, not at All????

I've never been religious. It's smelled like bullshit to me, all of my life...

Sometimes I miss the religious life, I guess it's that human desire to belong. Just having someone to share your deepest thoughts with, without being judged. BUT I would much rather be alone than to just go along and YES it can be quite lonely.

No

No. When I was a kid, I only went to church or was involved because I had no choice. I went to Catholic middle and high school only because that's where my friends from elementary went. Even as an adult, before coming out as agnostic, I rarely went to church and when I did it was because my family asked me to go on holidays. I've never had a relationship with church so there was nothing to miss for me about religion.

Not at all.I only miss the social aspect but i solved it by engaging with those who valued my friendship.

Maad Level 1 Sep 28, 2017

Not one bit!

Cannot miss something I never had.

I miss having friends except those friends were never dependable or trustworthy so not even that. i sure don't miss all the other stupid stuff.

Nope because that was not fear

JOY Level 2 Sep 14, 2017

No not really

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.