Agnostic.com

8 1

How did you feel when you deconverted?

Admin 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happier, freer, as though an oppressive blanket had been lifted away from me.

Sorgi Level 1 Nov 21, 2018

Awkward.
Then free! Like I could get through my shit without thinking the shit was my sinful failing and that I had hope something outside myself would fix it

Elated, confident, excited about a future of truth and reality by leaving behind the lies that religion fosters in us.

Enlightened. Excited by this new, liberating idea. I only wish I could be rid of so much guilt that was instilled through years of Catholic school.

Depressed. I missed that feeling of community and belonging which comes with being a part of a religion. Still, it was better than pretending and living a lie.

I didn't really become happy until I came out as beign gay. It was at the point that I also came out to my family as beign atheist, a few years after I stopped attending church.

I felt so bad and devastated and lonely, all my childhood dreams crumbling and melting before me . . . but then, I found out that there is, after all, life after God.

And I also happen to find out that I'm kinda running out time to experience and enjoy my kind of dream life --- how dumb and stupid can anybody get

As long as you are good person who does not harm others. Is good to other people, you don't steal, kill rape, or harm anyone.. And loves your family there is no reason to believe in a fictitious character that controls all of our lives. A person that we have to pray to to take away sins and pain and help people we know that might die. It's called life!! We all live life and make our own choices there is no divine being that is guiding us. When you die that's it your dead . Maybe reincarnation??? I'll have to see for my self..

Liberated and powerful!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.