Agnostic.com

21 15

Ok, it’s been 3 weeks since our last confession, uh, I mean site improvement list. We’ve been focusing on getting a digest email of notifications so that you don’t get overloaded with emails as we turn on more email alerts. Now, we send out a single email containing a list of all the alerts you received since the last digest. You can set the frequency of these digests as well as what you want to be notified about by updating your account settings (click the “gear” icon on the top of the screen then click “Settings” tab).

So what are these new alerts? You can now get alerts when someone likes your posts (and comments and replies), when someone you’re following posts a new topic, and when someone comments on one of your favorite topics. Note: these last two will go live tomorrow.

For the posts themselves, we put some basic tags below the text so you can link to other posts with similar content. We hope to soon give you the ability to edit these tags and create your own… bothon your posts as well as posts of others.

Lots of improvements in the messenger including the ability to share photos with others.

For member’s interested in dating:

In member search results, you can now choose between list mode and grid mode as well as see which members are online now. You can also search by city or zip (US only).

Changed the single gender of “transgender” into “transmen” and “transwomen”. If you are not interested in meeting a transperson or not trans, you won’t see a way to specifically search for them. Note: if you're transgendered, please update your gender on your account page ("gear" icon).

We made lots of behind-the-scenes changes to improve the speed of pages.

If a member is being annoying, you can now block them by clicking the “Block” link on their profile page. If you do that, you won’t see any of their posts and they won’t see yours.

You can now “recycle” your unwanted posts from the post’s page. This just gives the post to the username currently named “Anonymous” so that the discussion can live on. For members who turn off their account, we recycle topics that are general in nature (e.g., no personal reference).

We are working on a bunch of new features and services and welcome your feedback, bug reports, suggestions, etc. We are hoping to have Android and iOS apps done by early next week and the ability to view the members who “liked” your content.

Thanks for your patience!

A

Admin 8 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now take some days off and enjoy Thanksgiving! 😀

Just FYI... I accidently set it up to notify people when someone posts in a post you LIKE instead of FAVORITED. "Favoriting" means "Follow post" and "Like" just means, uh, "like". I fixed it to work now. If you get a flurry again, please let me know. Thanks!

Admin Level 8 Nov 22, 2017

i am seeing a lot of repeats on notifications, even after deleting them. thanks for the updates!

I'll check it out today. I assume you mean website alerts, not email alerts, right?

yes the notices when you click on the bell

Great work guys! It's nice to see evolution in action 😉

Thanks Admins and Developers, we love you!!!!

Ok, now since my last comment, I now have 79 notices in my inbox.
Help me, please.

Same here. 😟

Grrrr... I was afraid of that. Made a lot of changes in the code in the last 8 hours and I might have accidentally sent out individual emails to some test accounts as we rolling it out. I'm really sorry that you go so many emails as I know how much of a hassle it is to delete them. I'll keep my eye on the system closely the next few days. If you get another flurry of emails, please message me directly and I'll turn the system off until have time to do a full review. Thanks!

@Admin It wasn't emails I was getting. it was notices here on the little bell in the top right of the screen. At one point I was up to 98.

You guys and gals are the tops! 😉

also notce a fair amount of posts that lack a reply button. not sure why

Can you send a message to us in the contact form with a link to a page that has a post without a reply button? Happy to check it out.

ok next time I see it

can you tell me how to send a link to a page?

I've gotten 2 messages now that say "Sorry, content deleted."
What's up?
Sorry for all the complaining.

Sometimes we notify people about a post/comment/reply/etc that then gets deleted either by the author or by us. We could either remove the notification from your list or just let you know that it's been deleted. I'll try to get a link from the "Sorry, content deleted" message to the FAQ with an answer to that .

Please explain hoe use the follow feature. I have not been able to use it.

Just click the "Follow" button on a profile or "Favorite Star" icon on a post and we'll notify you if the member posts a topic or someone comments on the favorited post. We plan to have this working today.

Thank you.

Thanks! I appreciate your efforts

give me 10 hail mary's

You kids are doing a great job. I appreciate the email changes (was a bit worried about that).

Let us know if there's a problem with the email notification system as it's probably the most complicated code on the site (for now).

Thank you. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 23, 2017

You made some good improvements

I am not used to this sort of computer activity (but am learning) and still have some trouble with some things. For instance, How does one reply to someone replying to a message? If someone replies to my message and I want to reply to them what do I do? I asked a member and she replied but I am still having trouble. Btw one of my first phrases in Farsi was fes fes zu (it means 'slow poke'😉.

When you want to reply to a reply, Hit the reply button, then put the @ symbol before the name of whoever you want to reply to.
for example I'm sending this to you.

like this @JackPedigo
🙂

Yesterday it was fine, but today when I get a notification that someone liked one of my comments, or replied to one. When I go there to see it, it takes me to somewhere that has nothing to do with me.
It takes me to the top of the right post but that's it.

Thanks - I'll check it out. We made some changes in the last 24 hours on the format of notifications, it could be it jumps to another place. [I just reviewed the code and it seems right... will check later]

Please don't do the email thing. The problem that you're trying to fix which is getting folks to come back to the site, will be fixed with the apps.
The email thing is annoying and as long as the app works like popular social media I think we'll check in.

Sure... because everyone uses the app and nobody ever uses the plain old web site? pfft

Tech-wise, we are trying to support all types of users. The email is just another type of notification... needed as we do other types too. Just released so hopefully will work 🙂

Able to post pics in comments would be nice. I’m so visual. 😛

How come when someone writes you a "compliment" it's not always viewable??

Gosh! What's a compliment?? Lol

I think there might be a bug in the notification and no way to view on mobile. Can you see your compliments on the desktop version?

@resserts @4betterorcursed Ah good catch! missed the compliment tab on mobile - fixed 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.