Agnostic.com

24 3

Where is the Garden of Eden located

We have seen the Red Sea,Dead Sea,Jerusalem,Egypt,Israel and all..But where is the garden of Eden and that tree with fruit.

anonymous 7 Dec 12

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nowhere. It does not exist and has never existed.

2133 Gladtobee St.
Euphoria, Illinois

It's not a where, it's a what. A metaphor for a sterile medical lab. Ironic that the metaphor extends to the Tree of Knowledge which was a computer information system, accessed with an Apple. πŸ˜›

I intended just the Apple bit to be the joke, not the whole thing. It's as good an explanation as anything else. As for where, probably on a spaceship. Who knows?

It's called "imagination".

Garden Eden was at the outlet of Eden. Eden was a wetland with many fresh water lakes that was called Eden. The outlet of Eden was the river 'Shatt al Arab'. The head of the other 4 rivers are not the springs but where the rivers are flowing to. All of the rivers united in Eden. The biggest river came from the west which is now filled with sediments and sand from the mountains. The sediments contained gold and precious stones. Most of the lakes also became filled with sediments. There where many fruit trees in the Garden of Eden. Fig trees were epidemic. No tree was forbidden but a big fruit tree got hit by lightning in a storm and Garden of Eden got flooded and scared the humans away. Garden of Eden was prone to flooding and sand-storms. Just Imagine the mosquitoes without clothes - It was not always a very pleasant place.

Guido Level 4 Dec 13, 2017

I forgot to mention that my answer is based on Genesis 2:10-14. Genesis 2:10-14 is on the Internet and in the bible. The river that became filled with sediments and sand was the Pishon. The Gihon is now a system of rivers east of Eden. Tigris and Euphrates still exist. In old Sumerian culture, an incoming thunderstorm were the steps and words of the Lord.

No idea.

In jewish abrahamic mythology. Hehe! Taking clues from the bible it would have existed somewhere in the middle east, if that answers your question better.

In the mind of the person who made it up. πŸ™‚

Betty Level 7 Dec 12, 2017

Left of the World Tree, straight on to the fountain of youth and adjacent to the Elysian Fields.

i think its somewhere in my greenhouse

turf Level 4 Dec 12, 2017

Memphis, perhaps ? πŸ™‚

It’s located in your childhood.

skado Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

Sort of off Topic, but there is no empirical evidence that Israel existed before 1940 something.

I think that I have heard the Mormon claim the Joseph Smith said it was in Missouri . Documentaries claim it is where the Tigris and Euphrates rivers meet in Iran and Iraq. Most likely it was in the imagination of the guy that created the imaginary place much like like Lewis Carroll wondreland.

It does not exist.

From my readings and general thought. It was supposed to be South Afghanistan. Its now a "dead land"

"Eden" would have existed in what is now Iraq but modern science has placed it more towards Egypt and proof of an oasis from that time has been found. Current theory is it was claimed by the sand, covered over time. To back this theory underground caverns have been found with fossilized plant life dating to that time period.

,,,actually, right outside my door!

I'd like to respond on the tree with the fruits of knowledge. Notice the tree of eternal life was "just there", equally as dangerous but apparently not as enticing as the other one.

The "moral" of this myth has kept the masses under control for four millennia now: god wants you to follow by blind faith and will punish you for pursuit of knowledge.

The obvious misogyny created by Eve tempting Adam has had women treated as chattel, a practice most our societies are only beginning to overcome.

So it looks like we've found that "tree", or at least where it came from. It is among the most ingenious and horrific tools of social engineering ever imagined.

For my way of thinking, it isn't a location, it isn't a place, it is a state or being. Thus, you are, or are not, in your garden of eden. Another way of thinking about it is that we are all capable of creating our own garden of eden.

Read Flying Serpents and Dragons: The Story of Mankind's Reptilian Past

Somewhere off the Jersey Turnpike, right?

...ain't touching that one!!!

I'm going with Jersey, cuz Jon Bon Jovi.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7931
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.