Agnostic.com

13 3

Are You Agnostic About Invisible Frogs on Venus?

After all, we can't prove they are not there! Let's cut the horseshit and quit claiming everything is possible.

anonymous 7 Dec 13

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am both agnostic and atheist. These are NOT incompatible terms or concepts. I don't believe in God as I understand it to be defined. Boom. I am an atheist. I also know that I don't know much at all about the complexities of the forces that run the universe, nor about the essential ingredients and mechanisms for consciousness, so I respectfully acknowledge that there is some potential, however unlikely, that some sort of consciousness has a role in running the cosmos. I am not holding my breath on that one, but I respect the real possibility that some people with differing understandings from my own may have some valid points about the cosmos. All that agnostisism is is the acknowledgment that one doesn't have all the answers and may be wrong on certain questions of existance. We are not simply agnostic. We are, rather, agnostic relative to given questions. This obsession for pitting atheism against agnosticism is rather militant without much of a constructive point to it.
Btw, frogs, by definition, are an,animal of Earth. I KNOW there are no Venesian frogs, let alone invisible ones.

i mean its possible so idk...

"I ought to call myself an agnostic; but, for all practical purposes, I am an atheist. I do not think the existence of the Christian God any more probable than the existence of the Gods of Olympus or Valhalla. To take another illustration: nobody can prove that there is not between the Earth and Mars a china teapot revolving in an elliptical orbit, but nobody thinks this sufficiently likely to be taken into account in practice. I think the Christian God just as unlikely." - Bertrand Russell

Pretty much

Frogs with space suits and cloaking devices.

I propose this: you thought of frogs on Venus. You made me consider the idea: the various hardships terrestrial frogs would face in that hostile environment, the froggy technology that'd have to rival our own to create Jimney Cricket spacesuits and the extraordinary amphibian aptitude they'd need to infuse them with invisibility.

I'd more likely think they would be ethereal projections of our thoughts or they exist somewhere in another dimension which may or may not have been created by us; collectively, singularly or with an infinite number of other possibilities.

I do know several variations exist in my mind now so, in that respect alone, somewhere in my memory for as long as I exist there will be these creatures.

In this way no, I am no longer "agnostic" about invisible frogs on Venus.

In my mind they do. And under the other conditions I mentioned, can you empirically prove they don't?

Except the first (as ludicrous as it may sound) but who is to say in some froggy future, either ours or in an an alternative reality, they won't...or don't?

Everything is possible, it's all about probability, baby...and probability is subjective. I am almost sure that you are an invisible frog from the planet venus. What a banal invasion....hehe...just ribb-it-ing you....bam....see what I did there....seriously, welcome to earth.

Invisible frogs on Venus which breath carbon dioxide and are capable of existing in extreme temperatures? Wouldn't science have a field day with THAT one!

I have a feeling once we're finally able to send manned explorations out in to the universe we're going to find some pretty darn interesting life forms.

No. That’s something provable. Just like rakoshi, elves, hobbits or ferenghi are discoverable.

They can withstand sulfuric acid vapor at 460 C, so they are not what most people would call biological or frogs, but

they are the only true frogs, everlasting, invisible, indestructible, worthy of worship and in need of money.

And the point of your question? Obviously not invisible frogs. You are assuming meanings for "agnostic" that are not relevant.

Yeah, they're right behind Russell's teapot

But what's the nature of ultimate reality?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8165
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.