Agnostic.com

21 1

If you could invite anyone (alive or not) to dinner, who would be?

Admin 9 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Robin Williams/George Carlin...insight and humor

Carl Sagan

Oh yeah, Carl Segan.... can I change my answer? No? Well I'm crashing your party then

My all-time dream girlfriend agent 99 from the "Get Smart" TV show. I defiantly wouldn't invite any dead people to dinner, that's just gross.

Andy Warhol

I would invite Any of the historical factual people from the Bible and see if they find religious accounts as far-fetched and Distorted as i belive them to be .

Does the dead person return to life for the dinner? Haha. I would bring my Nana (great-grandmother) back so my grandmother and mother could see her again. I never really knew her but she lived in the UK while they live in the US and were unable to attend her funeral or be there in her last days. They were close and feel awful about it, so I'd want to give them a chance to say goodbye.

I know you asked [anyone], but mine would include:
Harriet Tubman, George Washington, Martin Luther King, Jr., Thomas Edison, Nikolai Tesla, Richard Pryor, and Red Foxx.

That would be a crazy night. Can you imagine Richard Prior, Red Foxx, Harriet Tubman and Martin Luther King Jr eating Dinner with George Washington? It might not go over so well for old Georgy and his slave-owning beliefs. Although he did free his slaves in his will after he died, so that might count for something.

Lol. Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps Thomas Edison and Nikolai Tesla could help George "see the future"

OJ. "C'mon, you did it, didn't you?"

Mr. and Mrs. Obama, so I could thank them for everything that they did right.

That would be my next choice.

Tom Hanks. Everybody likes him.

The guy I fell in love with a long time ago, sadly he died. The only one I ever did love.

I think I'd like to invite Robin Williams and just have a crazy and fun conversation over dinner

My high school self.

that person would be prophet Muhammad. I would ask him why he took his donkey with him when he flew to sky to talk to god.

Kurt Cobain, former lead singer of one of, if not THE, greatest Rock band of all time, Nirvana. I would ask him all sorts of questions about how he came to be inspired to write all those unique songs and what they all meant. Also, I would like to ask him if and why he committed suicide because I know deep down it's not as clean cut as he was "overwhelmed by how popular he and his band had become". That's not a reasonable excuse. It's why you become a celebrity and/or legend in the first place, to gain popularity.

My friend who died September 19th, 2017. I would like to have just one more discussion. But you probably want to know what famous person, eh? I think Amy Schumer would be fun but she says she's introverted according to her book, "Girl with the lower back tattoo," so Suoreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsbergh (spell?).

Assuming that in this hypothetical situation the person accepts my invitation, gotta have Patton Oswalt

President Ferdinand Edralin Marcos

It would be my girl friend from my college days whom I have never stopped loving.

I would have to say my brother, just to hold him one last time, to hug him and tell him how much I love and miss him.

I think maybe Nikola Tesla. Him, or Edgar Allan Poe. The first, because I feel that the things we know about him are only the tip of the iceberg in terms of his thoughts and ideas, and I truly feel he's one of the most brilliant people to have ever lived. The second, because I would love to pick his brain for more story ideas and poems that might have gone unwritten due to his death, and also know how his brain works. I kind of feel he possibly had a mind a bit like Stephen King's, except that unlike King, nobody ever got to interview him about it and truly learn where those scarier ideas came from.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:82
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.