Agnostic.com

7 1

Is there a need for the role of Warrior in today's society?

I don't so much mean soldiers, but the protector. The noble person trained in fighting arts whose mandate is to protect the weak and victimized. A modern-day knight, if you will.

By anonymous7
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yes, I believe that the Jedi knights should protect us all.

noworry28 Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

You mean Batman.
We have to ask: When does being a noble warrior push into the realm of vigilantism?
Or is vigilantism a good thing?

MrLizard Level 8 Dec 16, 2017

Agreed. We do need more of it. But it's unlikely to be me.

We all need to keep the warrior instinct alive in ourselves. There will always be a need for righteous indignation and zeal on behalf of human dignity and well-being! Those values will not persist without active champions.

wordywalt Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

There is always a need for noble souls...be it a knight or knightess

I think the word knight is technically gender neutral, since the term was coined in the Middle Ages when all knights were men (meaning that there was no separate word for a female knight, and thus it would apply to either gender.)

How about a Knightette?

There is legitimately not separate word for a female knight. As misogynistic as it sounds, you really would just call a female knight a female knight. The closest equivalent would be a Dame, or just precede their name with "Lady" as that is what you would call a woman who has been knighted as an honorary title. So Dame would be their title and you would call them Lady then their name.

In the Middle Ages, though, there were legit no female knights.

As long as humans are around, we will need protectors.

Annaleda Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

Definitely against injustice-civil rights, discrimination, bullying, treason,

A noble soul is always a desired trait, whether you live in colonial times or modern day. In a time when nobility of spirit is so tragically rare, people with noble hearts are all the more important.

An average citizen standing up for what's right is good. Just don't let it turn into vigilantism. I know it's not really my place to tell you what to do, but I'd hate to see someone get in trouble for doing what they think is right simply because they disregarded the consequences.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:8487'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!