Agnostic.com

21 2

Who's talking when you talk to yourself?

Admin 9 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Zuul, of course.

LOL

Zuul still there in your ice box?

Harvey a 6 foot white rabbit.

LOL

we are

No mE!

Depends on the subject, and which of my existing 'voices' is present at that moment. It could be a conversation between Osiris, and Thor, or a group discussion between Zeus, Ramses, Tut, and whoever else feels compelled to participate. Distant voices may also be lying dormant waiting for stimulation....lol

Yahwheat, the giant magical bread dragon

haven't heard a voice, the voice or even a hum . . . i must be really dumbnut!

Me.

It is interesting that the latest brain studies show that most people have many separate areas of the brain that seem to act like different aspects of personality. For mos tpeopel these are integrated and there is one dominant area which is you per se. However there are less dominent areas which influence you to varying degrees. In some peopel an area is disconnected and is heard as a voice outside oneself.

You have probably figured out that these various ares under extreme trauma can split off into separate personalities (look up the case of Sybil). Split personalities cn be fused back intothe main or primary personality over time.

Anyway, this sort of explains how ancient prophets heard voices, or saw manifestations that were not really there. It was just a different part of theri own brain crating it. A part which was most likely nto connected to the main or dominant part of the brain. Or, in short,they were mentally ill.

Various independent parts of the brain have been measured as numbering over two dozen. If you ever wondered where inspiration comes from, it comes from one of your less dominant brain parts, which can work independently of your document brain. In short, your subconscious is not just one entity, but over two dozen entities that can work independently.

I am probably not explaining this too well, as i have not read enough about it to understand it all fully, but WOW! It is pretty mind blowing.

So, to answer the question, when talking to myself it is always myself that I am talkign to and that answers.

Well, different aspects of myself.

A lot of times, my Brain is keeping my Analytical Thinking obscured, so voicing my thoughts is like turning up the volume and shedding more light in digging for them. And Adding Boldface and putting more Attention Markings into this Language that needs better interpretations and understanding with. It's like adding arrows to the confusion of where things are at. It's like etching and carving what this language is to make the language stand out more vividly. Or with my pet birds around, it gives them something to think about also.

Just me trying to resolve an issue I'm having at the time.

It is my two hemispheres communicating. Female brains do that, like a switchboard. This ability makes us good multi-taskers. Some brains are "noisier" than others, which then can interfere with concentration and sleep. These "voices"-and I use the term for lack of a better description, are not to be confused with hallucinations. Men do not experience this phenomena, so it is difficult to explain.

Its usually me, do people imagine other voices instead of their own when they think?

It's usually me telling myself to get it together!

Usually me, giving myself instructions. (I have to have expert advice!)
Many times my Mom or Dad or a mentor in my life while I am doing a task,
or I will think of a response that I wish I might have given in a remembered conversation.

Donna Level 6 Sep 28, 2017

Well if you actually hear it and you don't associate it with yourself you're having auditory verbal hallucinations. I suffer from this from time to time. If I have an episode of sleep paralysis, which is rare for me now. I can't move, and I hear things that aren't there. It used to scare me, but now when it happens, it's quite fun. It only lasts 30 seconds at most, but weird stuff is going on as if I were dreaming while I am awake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:85
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.