Agnostic.com

7 3

When a new friend starts spouting beliefs.

My first reaction is to get quiet and hide my point of view. Today, I am starting a new approach: "It's interesting how different people can be. I have no supernatural beliefs at all."

No attack. No argument. Just a verbal shrug.

By anonymous7
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most of the time I'll agree with what they say, and join in the fun.. just out of social curiosity

WesTank Level 3 Dec 16, 2017

Good for you.

SamL Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

I usually let them know that my first college degree was from a Xian college and I took 5 religion classes while I was there. I have had at least on good blank stare when sharing that.

gsiamne Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

I like it

Your right on point...

Thank you for suggesting that approach.

DavidRVz Level 3 Dec 16, 2017

I like that approach. My experience has been that no matter how ridiculous their arguments are, they will never have an open mind and go with facts instead of fiction. You cannot argue with people that refuse to think for themselves. My best friend is that way. I think of him as my own brother. But when he and his wife start with their religious babbling, I just walk away and he knows not to try to argue with me about it.

noworry28 Level 7 Dec 16, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:8641'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!