Agnostic.com

104 9

How to deal with religious family and friends?

Being an agnostic is especially challenging when you're surrounded with religion family and friends. Often they will try to convert you to their religion, become hostile towards you or even disown you. What are your thoughts on how to retain a good relationship with religion people?

Admin 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments (101 - 104)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Retain a relationship with eyes wide open. If you're strong in your own beliefs, no one can threaten you. On the other hand, if you can't accept people for who they are (religious or not), why relate at all?

Pook Level 5 June 1, 2018

Its not possible for me to have any kind of relationship with my family. As members of the cult that is Jehovahs Witnesses they are to treat me as one who is dead. They have been hugely successful in doing this. No form of communication of any kind for years.

Enjoy the people and the Holliday... have respect, if it’s not returned let the bad behavior be on them.

It's quite simple I don't. I have a family of religious zealots I do not communicate with them at all. As far as friends I choose them wisely. Religion has no place in my life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.