Agnostic.com
1 4

Pope Francis is coming to Canada soon to meet with aboriginal peoples about the RC church's role in the disastrous Residential School system. Doubt there will be any real "apology" offered - just a bunch of meaningless platitudes and vague promises.

But when you look at the long history of the RC church, you quickly see how such atrocities could and did occur. For instance, here's a great (and quite depressing) review of the incredibly cruel ways the church suppressed non-conformists across Europe over centuries . Now many of those people would have been Christians already, so it doesn't take much to see why they treated the native populations in the Americas as lesser being and heretics.

[churchandstate.org.uk]

bookofmorons 8 July 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Am I the only one here old enough to remember when the Catholic church was "INFALLIBLE?"

LucyLoohoo Level 9 July 26, 2022

so it claimed but the light of day certain dispells that notion LMAO.

Kinda like US sports teams who claim they are the World Champions when they don't allow other countries to participate

@bookofmorons Half my family was Catholic and I remember hearing this ''the church is infallible'' BS many times. Hard to imagine the pope claiming that now.

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 103 More

Posted by RobecologyWho knew? Not me!

Posted by RobecologyFound another good one! Please share!!

Posted by RobecologyToday's FFRF quote is from a favorite musician, Randy Newman; The complete lyrics are in the link, below.

Posted by RobecologyFFRF freethought for the day; How does a "belief" in an unproven myth support scientiic education?

Posted by RobecologyA Freedom From Religion post on Twitter...sharing with you this Monday! Have a pleasant week!

Posted by RobecologyIf you've watched Contact (a required viewing for all Agnostics).

Posted by RobecologyFound a good one

Posted by RobecologyHere's another reason why I send $$ to the FFRF.

Posted by RobecologySaw this "FreeThought" for the day...and had to share!

Posted by RobecologyIt's been a while... But I saw this by a favorite Science (fiction) writer H. G. Wells.... And had to share!

Posted by RobecologyMy FFRF post for the day;

Posted by RobecologyI had the honor of seeing/watching/listening to Stephen J Gould - whose theory of "punctuated" Evolution made a stir a few years back... ...but his views on religion?

Posted by RobecologyRemember the "Mr. Bean" comedy shows? Well they starred a charming Rowan Atkinson. He's still alive (going on 66) and had this to say about Religion

Posted by RobecologyLucy Colman; who lived to a ripe age of 89 through most of the 1800's said this;

Posted by RobecologyNew FreeThought of the Day By an ordinary/not famous/alive today person.

Posted by RobecologyHere's another "FreeThought of the Day"....this time from someone still alive, and doing well!

• Top tags#religion #religious #god #video #FFRF #church #Atheist #money #atheism #world #hope #evidence #government #Christian #politics #belief #laws #reason #Catholic #freedom #existence #Jesus #kids #death #book #republicans #agnostic #Bible #prayer #youtube #heaven #parents #Canada #USA #religions #rights #beliefs #Texas #community #hell #evil #secular #books #relationship #conservative #wife #children #Christians #guns #Present ...

Members 618Top

Moderators