Agnostic.com
2 3

Christopher Hitchens on religion looks forward

Hages 7 Sep 27
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

0

The best reward for me in leaving religion is this idea, that I can live this life to its fullest because I'm not waiting for it to end so I can start the real life in an afterlife. When things go bad, I feel I have more control to make things better because it isn't just god testing me and I must endure pain and suffering because that is what will bring a better afterlife. I no longer fear trying new things because new things may lead to a bad outcome and therefore increase my changes of going to hell for eternity. Letting go of the apocolypse and afterlife have freed me to live a better life.

K8TE Level 5 Sep 27, 2020
1

I'm a creator not a destroyer... That's why I'm an atheist...

You can quote me ☺😜