Agnostic.com
47 64

Biden Wins!

Congrats to the Democrats for electing Biden and Harris! It's been a rocky and emotional four years but change is in the air. It's time to reflect and look to the future. How are you feeling?

Admin 9 Nov 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™m fucking ecstatic. Now my sights are turned to the January run-off here in Georgia, which will determine control of the Senate. āœŠšŸ»

I'm not getting my hopes up. Unless people come out in the same numbers, including early and mail-in voting, it's going to be tough.

I will vote again for Ossoff and Warnock.
Perdue and Loeffler HAVE to GO!!!

@KKGator Stacy Abrams led a voter registration movement that registered 800,000 Georgians. I think a win is more realistic than it seems. I think we have reason to be hopeful. āœŠšŸ»

@FreethoughtKaty That's a good point, but I think there may be some backlash due to Biden winning.

That said, I sure hope Abrams runs for governor again, and we can get rid of Kemp.
I'll vote for her again.

@KKGator i think she is so fantastic. I would definitely vote for her.

I would like to point out that it wasn't just democrats who voted for Biden.
There were MANY Independents (like me) and republicans who voted for Biden/Harris, as well.
Many, many Americans were moved to vote for someone who most likely was not their first choice.
They did it because they knew the country was going in the wrong direction, and the ship needed to
be righted.

I will be relieved in 73 days, when 45 is OUT of the White House.
Hopefully, he'll be leaving in handcuffs, and even if Biden wants to, a Presidential Pardon doesn't
apply to State charges.
I wish the New York Attorney General all the luck in the world with bringing state charges against him.
THAT will make me extremely happy.

Until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

KKGator Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

I feel exactly as you do KK, and I think in the end that Trump may even leave America to avoid pending charges against him. I do know that Deutsche Bank wants to be done with Trump and that his repayments start in 2 years. I think Trump is running out of options and most people know this. He will end up broke and desperate.

@DenoPenno I'd like to see him broke, and in prison. Along with his three eldest spawn, and son-in-law.

@Diagoras Hello, Sing Sing!!!!
LMFAO

@KKGator if that happens and I am alive and well , I am going to have a party .

@Diagoras New York also let him get away with a lot of crap over the decades with his buildings. He wouldn't have gotten so far without high up crooked connections. Him and his father.

@KKGator I second the motion

@TreeSpirit I fear you are correct. It is fair to anticipate money ties/tentacles of corruption have infiltrated the law enforcement/judicial system.

A little surprised... and deeply relieved.

skado Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

While I am delighted and relieved, I am feeling that it is not over just yet.

jlynn37 Level 8 Nov 7, 2020

@Diagoras 45 has until January 20. He can cause an awful lot of damage between now and then.
I expect he will try.

What did Churchill say? ā€œItā€™s not the beginning of the end, but perhaps the end of the beginningā€ (I know it is not exactly correct, but I am too lazy to look it up) šŸ˜‰

Biden isn't my ideal president but after four years of the orange a-hole this is very good news. He at least comes across as sincere and caring. I think he will at least try and do the right thing most of the time compared to the past four years of dysfunction, hatefulness, and self-serving of the orange stain.

Also, I'm pleased that my state, Georgia, turned blue. I hope it will stay that way.

Well said. The republicans will attack him mercilessly, we will need to defend for quite a while

Great feeling of relief

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 7, 2020

Itā€™s like a large weight lifted off the shoulders....the pall is gone...

Here are some thoughts.........

Fearful .
I worry that his base will cause blood shedding and troubles .
I donā€™t even believe yet that he will actually leave the WH .
I grew up w stories of Mussolini and Hitler for breakfast while in Italy , and for dinner , stories of papadopoulos While in Greece .
I will breathe when the garbage are out .
Mean time , covid is not getting any better . This is not going well guys , all hospitals full in hampton roads , we are tired , social distancing w open restaurants and bars and schools is not working šŸ™. I donā€™t have staff , I donā€™t have beds , and people still having MIs and strokes regardless covid .

Pralina1 Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

I agree the authoritarian tRump reign of evil is far from ended and there is a possibility of extended badness on his behalf. The Biden outcome announced today will likely allow me to sleep more then the two hours a night - a recent product of the less then good preliminary vote results.

Covid, I am guessing we will have to wait until Biden gets in before this is seriously addresses. šŸ˜Ÿ

North Dakota is deep red (Republican) state. This link:

[npr.org]

shows a good image of what is going on.

North Dakota has for about a month almost every day been listed at the top of the "Highest risk places." (Think South Dakota took the honor one day). Most of our schools, stores, restaurants, gyms, are open and we have recently advanced to a mask (optional recommendation) Lately a few mall stores are closed and indoor eating at some fast food restaurants have (new today) been closed. Think some stores in the mall are closed as they can't find people to man them. Yesterday while online with a student, he told me when he went to the mall (earlier that day), there was almost nobody there and many stores were closed. A teacher who also works part time at one of the stores told me her store boss wanted her to come in more often because she was quarantined and all her other employees are sick. We agreed she should not go in.

White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx, who toured Bismarck businesses and met with state, tribal and local leaders Monday, said she found the city's COVID-19 protocols to be the worst she had seen anywhere in the country. The pro tRump (stop the (vote?) rally today that I heard outside sounded like there were hundreds of people at the capital grounds. Rather doubt those tRumpers had masks.

The red ND governor has us in orange status (red close things) and our mask mandate (recommendation) has no teeth.

Today my neighbor to the South (retired nurse who now works in disease control) while wearing her mask caught me while raking leaves. Noting that our mutual neighbor just died of Covid, (news to me) she asked for my phone number so we could keep in touch - It is also really bad here. I have been told many stories including a patient in critical condition dying while waiting for a respirator to be cleaned. Most covid patients are sent home as we simply don't have the man-power to staff beds. I have heard "citation needed" small hospitals in areas not affected by covid are no longer accepting covid patients that are admitted in our large hospitals as funding for covid goes to admitting hospitals.

Things are also bad here. Hope you stay safe.

The military and government have plans in place

Thank you. Having seen first hand you KNOW in your soul what trump and some of his supporters are. I am sad to discover the level of hate and racism in America and frankly the world. Using that hate and racism to manipulate people is wrong. The news feed this morning is all about rehashing the damn election and speculating what Biden and Harris will do and how to deal with a gop senate if . . . . . . pardon me
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screaming into the void.
People are becoming infected at an alarming rate with a virus that if it don't kill ya you may be left fucked up for life. People are fucking dying and it has the back seat to political monday morning quarterbacking and speculation.

There is so much work to do. I donā€™t envy the tasks ahead for Biden, but weā€™ll get there.

I voted for Biden but not a dem, have been an Independent all my life. I congratulate all Americans who voted the turd out!

Mofo1953 Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

Iā€™ve been independent all my life and have voted for either party at times. However, I must say the republicans have proven themselves to be disgusting anti-americans

In this order, happy, relieved, hopeful and snarky.

Leelu Level 7 Nov 7, 2020

Nothing wrong with a little snark! šŸ™‚

I feel like I need to find lots of money to send to the Democratic senators in Georgia that are in runoffs.

Lorajay Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

I'm sending a little money to each of them. But both major parties have a pretty big war chest. I saw reported this morning "Tens of millions of dollars are on the way to Georgia" to support their campaigns.

I've been electioneering all day and happy about this, of course. When people say it is not over yet they are exactly correct. Trump will sue, kick and scream, and flop around like a chicken with its head cut off. Trump claims falsely that he won. He knew something like this could happen, and it did. Now into what really happened here.

Trump told his people that you had to vote in person and that absentee and mail in voting was so full of fraud. He even said some people would be able to vote twice. LOL It is not true. Many vote this way and always will because of their location, etc. Trump and all politicians vote this way because they are never seen at a polling place and being slapped on the back, shaking hands, and talking. Trump tried to take over the Post Office to stop these votes. It failed.

All voting has a time frame to it but once the voting was done it went into the counting of the votes. This took much more time and there is no cut off for the counting. Every vote must be counted and Trump and his GOP cannot control or oversee this process. This is simply not allowed. People complain that they do not get it because Trump was ahead. Then all votes switched to Biden. Yes. The Trump votes were mostly November 3rd and were counted first. Next was the absentee or mail ins. Again, all votes must be counted.

Biden got over the required number of electoral votes. Trump declared himself the winner but was stuck at 214 electoral votes. He needed 270 to win but stopping the count does not make Trump the winner. If you add in Georgia at 16 electorals and North Carolina at 15, then Alaska at 3 electorals Trump has a possible 244 electoral votes. It means he did not win. That's it. Trump is done and it is over. There is no way around this even trough the Supreme Court. This is the Democratic process we have in this country and Trump lost. His legal teams cannot stop Biden from being a confirmed winner but in the meantime Trump will say anything and do anything that he can. He will not do a peaceful transition here. Some are even wanting to declare an all out war. Trump Jr. is one of them and he looks like a confused man about to cry who is in need of rehab.

Imagine all that may go on between now and January 20th. America could become hell on Earth and we are told about the dangers of the "radical left." Looks the other way around to me, and frankly I am scared! Finally the media has come out in refuting Trump and this even includes Fox News.

DenoPenno Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

Cautiously Optimistic is how I am feeling at the moment. I don't trust that lying psychopath as far as I can shoot him out of a cannon, although I would like to try it at least once just to see how far that really is. The country is deeply divided, look how close the popular vote is, there is a pandemic that is out of control, an economy in tatters and the potential for a war with China over Taiwan or with Russia over the Crimea.

Surfpirate Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

You should be. There is a lot to resolve ( COVID, economy) before we can do much else. Wars tend to benefit the administration, so too easily used for political purpose, it will be an interesting future.

I am delighted that the craven narcissistic nincompoop has been given the bloody bruising to his overblown ego that he so richly deserves. He has caused immense damage to American society, and it will take years if not decades to fully recover.

I look forward to Biden's and Harris's leadership.

I like your choice of the word nincompoop. But ninny hammer would have worked too. šŸ¤­

I called it 2 days, so I'm here:

UrsiMajor Level 8 Nov 7, 2020

I feel relieved that Trump will not have another 4 year and severely disappointed that over 70 million Americans actually believe he was running the country as it should be run and wanted 4 more years.

redbai Level 8 Nov 8, 2020

That is the shocking thing. Guess their PR was better...

@Canndue Actually I think it's more a statement on the character of country. Regardless of the PR, there's no secret regarding the character of Donald Trump.

@redbai in fairness, a lot of them listened to Limbaugh and hannity and Dobbs and Carr. ( cause other networks were fake news.) after a while they start thinking the shit they spewed was gospel...why not, they already believed in bullshit gospel. Thatā€™s the pr I refer to. Letā€™s face it 85% of Americans are lemmings....

@Canndue I disagree that what you put forth was a "fair" assessment. It sounds more like bending over backwards to excuse incredibly disgusting behavior to me. Non-white Americans managed to vote in large majorities against Trump because the rhetoric was obviously sexist, racist, homophobic and xenophobic. No one had to listen to any of the those pundits to hear or see Trump himself say and commit racist, sexist, homophobic and xenophobic things while catering to the rich, powerful and despotic. I personally provided people with evidence of his crimes and they simply ignore it while attempting to use false equivalence arguments to justify disgusting behavior.

Many American appears to be far too forgiving of Trump supporters and I find that to be a dangerous thing for non-white, LGBTQ and non-Christian people in America. There's all this BS that we should be finding ways to work with racists and bigots in finding compromises to "heal" America instead of condemning them for their actions and shunning them until they act civilized. As a POC, I can tell you that making deals with people who think you're less than human is stupid and unproductive. It's time America stopped making excuses for the citizens who are literally deplorable human beings and started caring about those who actually give a damn about ALL of America.

And I don't believe that Americans being metaphorical lemmings is the problem. I think that at least 70 million Americans are perfectly fine with an openly sexist, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, lying sexual predator. That's the problem.

@redbai disagreement is the multiplier in discourse. Trump knows how to play a crowd. Remember, a lot of Americans think professional wrestling is real. The problem is we listen to and regurgitate what we hear in the democratic biased media, and forget they are hearing the polar opposite. We also tend to judge people by our own values ( rarely objectively). To quote Lynyrd Skynyrd ā€œwatergate does not bother me, does your conscience bother you?ā€

@Canndue Actually, a lot of Americans think a lot of Americans think professional wrestling is real, but few are actual adults. The problem is that America is a country in which some people are valued less than other based on arbitrary standards and much of it is institutionalized.

@redbai very true. We certainly have things to work on

I'm feeling hopeful. Trump can do a lot of damage in the next couple months, and the senate will probably block most of what Biden wants to accomplish, but at least we'll have 4 years of civility in the White House.

dfross Level 5 Nov 7, 2020

Knowing that there's a long way to go and that there will be massive roadblocks to overcome....and that 45 will attempt a coup. It remains to be seen how much help he gets and if the hundreds of judges that he helped assign support him in it. I see it as a beginning step.

Larimar Level 8 Nov 7, 2020

How am I feeling? I think a meme that I ran across yesterday sums it up. I feel like after 4 years I am getting out of a abusive relationship. And half the country still is in an abusive relationship and don't realize it.

On this side of the pond, we are looking forward to some Trump-free news. I have often stopped watching because of his continuous bs. It was interesting to see how the press has already changed their attitude to him. Major networks cut him off and one journalist called out "Are you a sore loser?" It seems a bit like someone leaving an abusive relationship and has their own new place to live. Basically, they had to put up with his crap before but now they can walk away and leave him shouting obscenities at the door.

273kelvin Level 8 Nov 8, 2020

The arrack on the free press should be over...

"Nobody loves a loser!" šŸ™‚

@LucyLoohoo Obviously you have never followed Englands football team. It's not the winning, it's not the taking part, it's the soul-crushing masochistic inevitability of disillusionment.

@273kelvin You really are the voice of Susie Sunshine, aren't you?

@LucyLoohoo Behind every silver lining is a cloud šŸ˜‰

Jacked up!

Apunzelle Level 7 Nov 7, 2020

Woohooo!

One word.

Finally.

dwalker27 Level 3 Nov 7, 2020

WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Just listening to their speeches last night!!!!!! Integrity, empathy and a reversal of Trump's Executive Orders!!!!!!!

How much more damage will the country have to incur between now and January 20th 2021 that's what worries me.

oldFloyd Level 8 Nov 8, 2020

@oldFloyd
If you go by this article he is going to cause problems by having his supporters rally in protest of the election. This means he doesn't even care about what consequences his supporters might face as he only has his interest at heart, not even the country's.

[iol.co.za]

Thank you, thank you very much.

St-Sinner Level 9 Nov 7, 2020

And trump has (almost) left the building

@Canndue
Lol
Yeah but not quite and not yet.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 179

Photos 24 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin How do you feel about Parler being removed from the Internet?

Posted by Admin How do you feel about Parler being removed from the Internet?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Are Twitter and Facebook's new "Hate Speech" rules fair?

Posted by Admin Is it ok to affirm someone's untrue beliefs?

Posted by Admin Are you ready to reduce your carbon footprint?

• Top tags#democrats #video #DonaldTrump #world #vote #friends #media #college #tech #evidence #beliefs #violence #god #injustice #racism #humanity #agnostic #Christians #apple #reason #Freespeech #fear #religious #policy #money #principles #faith #solar #environment #plays #cultural #immigration #birth #philosophy #REDlivesMATTER #culture #racist #moral #species #conspiracy #RrrsshaahDingyCrazyLIMPboss #guns #RadioCultLIARs #conservatives #BrainwashedDittoHeads #CheatWorkersForceDpregnancies #inequality #equality #Asian #weed ...

Members 92,147Top