Roma Amor - Der treue Husar
Once upon a time there was a hussar who
His woman loved faithful
A whole year and much more
Of unique and true love.
She went away to fight
While her love fell ill
So sick and pale
Three days he went without speaking.
And when the young man understood
That the beauty of him was to die
She left everything to return
To see her dear love again ...
And when he came to the darling
She gave him her hand very softly,
The whole hand and much more
There was no end to love.
"Hello, hello, my fine boy.
I want to go to the cool grave.
"Oh no, oh no, my dear child,
Because we're so in love. "
"Oh no, oh no, not so fast,
Because we are two lovers;
Oh no, oh no, dearest one,
Love and loyalty must be longer ...
He took her in his arms to hold,
She was not warm, forever cold.
Oh quick, oh quick, bring light to me,
Else my love dies, no one will see.
And when the maid, in death lay here,
Her body he laid on a bier.
Where can I get six strong young men,
To the grave carry my love then.
A long black coat, I must now wear.
A sorrow great, is what I bear.
A sorrow great and so much more,
My grief it will end nevermore.
Molto triste...🥲
Si.
Isn't all war?
@FrayedBear Yes...exactly!
@Marionville
"A sorrow great, is what I bear.
A sorrow great and so much more,
My grief it will end nevermore"
And so it is 105 years on. I wish that I had had this song when I broadcast my 11.11 programme in memory of the fallen.
So many similar stories in so many folk songs.
My memory eludes me at 8am. Roger. Can you please jog it with a few titles?