Agnostic.com
2 3

The Fields of Athenry a cappella (Lyrics) - Somerset Hills Harmony

rogerbenham 8 Mar 28
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

Such a beautiful yet sad song. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed this one.

2

I can’t tell you how often I’ve heard this song sung in pubs and at Rugby matches…but not as beautifully sung as this version…

Do you know where Athenry is located? Those cliffs suggested Clare but were not.

@rogerbenham Co. Galway Roger….
Athenry [g.co]

@Marionville So the video was misleading about it being on the coast and having cliffs. My TCD professor uncle had a cottage at Outerard, some 30 kms NW of Galway,
A memory I had of Galway town were rows of houses with front doors wide open.

@rogerbenham Yes…it was just views of cliffs on the west coast of Ireland …probably Mayo or Kerry. Oughterard is nice, Co.Galway in general is very scenic, Galway city is a vibrant place with lots of students (UCG) and visitors, and with good restaurants, pubs & nightlife.