Agnostic.com
7 3

LINK "To Train Up a Child" Parenting Book Leads to Multiple Child Deaths | Babble

Spare the rod and spoil the child? A book by two Christian authors who spawned more than twenty grandchildren (way to contribute to overcrowding the planet you fertile, horny fuckers!), "To Train Up a Child, first published in 1994, began as a letter to a homeschool mother in answer to her question, 'How did you train your children to be so happy and obedient?' Mike did not consider himself to be an author, nor did Debi possess the means or the knowledge to publish a book. They realized that it was a big subject that could not be put into a few pages, so they 'wrote a book.' Friends and neighbors were consulted, gleaning their views and methods of child training. They analyzed how they were influenced by the traditions they inherited from their parents, and they looked at the methods that were unique to their family." Here are two top rated reviews and a screenshot of a page in the book – pretty much tells you all you need to know!

Five star review:

I understand this is a controversial book. I urge you however to openly and objectively read it! This book came recommended by a family memeber who raised 4 of the most respectful, caring, and loving children. I was overwhelmed with two small children and KNEW I needed help. So 12 years ago I read this book and trained my two small children. They are now 13 and 15, they honor me, respect me, trust me, and most importantly Obey me! They know I have proven myself to be trustworthy, respectable, honorable, and a heart submitted to the Lord.
Even if you are NOT a christian the principles and techniques in this book are incredibly valuable.
I went on to have 2 more children whom I didn't train because of a marriage falling apart and trying to get my life on track. My 8 year old son was getting into trouble at school several days a week, was a sneaky liar, and I quite honestly started to believe had "something wrong with him" meaning I felt like medication was the only option left. I was emotionally drianed, yelling and angry spanking. I was at my WiTS END...I cried at least once a week because I KNEW my son had a sweetheart, I knew he had a good heart, I couldn't understand why he was so rebellious.
I re purchased the book, reread it, and started retraining..
I can proudly say he is thriving at school now, obeys me the first time I ask him to do something, I haven't cried in months, yelled in months, angrily spanked, and best of all He is snuggling me right now as I type this! His LOVE for me is real and not because he fears me but because He respects me.

One star review:

I was raised on the teachings of this book and it has devastated me as I have tried for the past several years to correct the psychological damage it has caused. If you want a healthy, happy child and not just a damaged robot, avoid this book.
altschmerz 9 Oct 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A high school classmate, Judy, got fed up with her son tantrumming all day. One day he pushed all the food off the table, food she spent two hours cooking. She took a big belt with a big buckle and hit his bare bottom as hard as possible, until she drew blood. He could not get out of bed for a week. She was relieved that the lacerations did not get infected. If she took him in for medical care, the social services would have gotten involved and she might have been charge. From then on, her three year old did not tantrum often. When he started in with screaming, kicking, hitting and throwing things, Judy would take the belt - she kept it handy - and dangle it front of him, promising a beating. He would stop the screeching and throwing things. I hate what she did. I can kind of understand why she beat him. Her child was extremely difficult, just terribly hostile, defiant and uncooperative. If I had been in Judy's shoes, I think I would have put the child up for adoption.

SKH78 Level 8 Oct 20, 2019

@altschmerz He was born with a difficult temperament. A small percentage of people seem to be born with anger and rage. They are born with defective brain chemistry.

@altschmerz I have met a few people who had a child that was born angry. They did what they could. They got their violent, raging child evaluated by several professionals. They got family counseling, got counseling for their violent child. Nothing worked. I know of a couple who put their two and a half year old into a ped psych ward because he was filled with hatred toward his baby brother. One day when the couple had their backs turned for a moment, the toddler somehow found a sharp knife - all knives and sharp or blunt objects were kept locked up - and he stabbed the baby in the face. The heartbroken, distraught parents looked for long term treatment centers or long term foster care. They considered adoption. They were terrified for the life of their baby. In a small percentage of cases, a violent child is born with something wrong. You can't always blame the parents. The criminal who beat my niece with a metal baseball bat, almost killing her, was born with something wrong. At age three, the pediatrician said "This was the most violent, out of control three year old I have ever treated." Sometimes a child is born with a brain disorder.

@altschmerz A small percentage of people are born with a brain disorder. The best families and best schools don't do any good. I have read of serial killers and serial rapists who come from backgrounds that appear stable. I read of one rapist who did home invasion stranger assaults who stated that his parents and siblings were decent people and for some reason he just had this uncontrollable urge to rape. Sometimes a person is born with a mental illness.

Yep, these people recommend using a switch or a plumbing supply line on babies under one year old. They strongly advise inflicting pain for the slightest hint of "bad" behavior. Makes my blood run cold.

SKH78 Level 8 Oct 20, 2019

I know. Having been raised in a evangelical home, I can vouch that this is real. In the extreme christian homes, they believe their mandate is to beat their children for every tiny hint of defiance. The child is NOT allowed to have their own opinion, they are NOT allowed to ask any questions when given directions, etc. They are required to say "yes sir" or "no sir" when asked ANY questions, no other commentaries are allowed. When spanked for any reason, most Christian extremists require that the child show remorse or the spanking continues and they demand the child THANK the parent and hug them. It's beyond disgusting. I firmly believe that the extreme christians have used authoritative parenting to mask underlying spanking fetishes and other, pedophilic, sexual behavior.

[Grace Short believes that the answer to all problems with children is to cane them]

Grace Short: There's only one thing to do - WHACK!

Edwin Milton: Extraordinary theory - you bend a child double in order to get an upright character.

Norman Hudis Carry on Teacher (1959)

I just can't fathom the amount of stupidity these people relish..👿👿👿👿

Charlene Level 9 Oct 20, 2019

That reminds me of the Turpin family who imprisoned and starved their kids. Seriously fucked up.

Kynlei Level 8 Oct 20, 2019

i signed the petition to stop selling this crap

Mofo1953 Level 9 Oct 20, 2019

Really? Hit a four month old? Never heard of a baby gate or is that too hard?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 31

Photos 266 More

Posted by CliffordCookI groaned when I saw this Christian Nationalist Christmas meme posted by one of Donald Trump's supporters in Iowa. Then, I smiled when I saw how many of his Facebook friends had reposted it.

Posted by CliffordCook The Fascism of Faith Month in the US Congress U.

Posted by of-the-mountainReality!!!

Posted by CliffordCookChristian Nationalism isn't just something that's spreading in the United States.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyReligion is ridiculous!

Posted by CliffordCookChristians like to believe that their religion spread around the world by people voluntarily abandoning their own cultural traditions in favor of the obvious superiority of Christianity.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIt’s all about keeping women in subjugation!

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

• Top tags#god #Christian #video #religion #religious #church #Bible #world #Christians #Atheist #Jesus #christianity #children #atheism #hope #hell #DonaldTrump #Catholic #friends #death #government #kids #book #mother #laws #beliefs #truth #earth #reason #wife #parents #prayer #sex #believer #faith #belief #evangelicals #money #guns #religions #sin #pastor #evil #fear #gay #WTF #abortion #media #movies #USA ...

Members 293Top

Moderators