Agnostic.com
2 4

LINK Why Even Nice Atheists Are Offensive to the Faithful

I've run into some hostility, from friends and strangers alike, when I dared to reveal my disbelief (or even mild statements, such as telling them I go to a UU church or I'm not religious). I love my family but sometimes I dread interacting with them, because they can blather on about Christianity and church to their heart's content, but I can't say what I really think. Theists conditioned to think that way, unfortunately!

altschmerz 9 Dec 23
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

0

I have no time for those mental defectives who treat my challenging of their ideas as personal threats.

anglophone Level 9 Dec 25, 2021
2

And even nice believers are offensive to me so I guess we’re even.