Agnostic.com
5 17

Why declawing a cat is dangerous:

EyesThatSmile 8 Apr 14
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine used the meat cleaver.

Only joking said he gluing the splinters of his wooden prosthesis back together.

FrayedBear Level 9 Apr 14, 2021

That’s justice.

Sydland Level 7 Apr 14, 2021

Jokes aside, a friend of mine had a cat that he had declawed. It got outside and had no defenses. It died later from shock.

Plus my mom did that once despite me telling her not to. The vet fucked up, and the claw started growing inward being extremely painful for Simba. He had to go through the procedure twice. The claw is actually part of the knuckle. If you are careful, you can trim them with a regular pair of nail clippers. Just be careful. There is a blood vessel in there that has nerve endings. I've never drawn blood, but I am told if that happens to have some corn starch handy so the blood will clot. Just get the tippy-tip. Despite others saying to "make a kitty burrito" (wrapping them in a blanket so they don't move) just get them used to touching their paws. Then do one claw every once in a while. Works best when they are comfortable around you touching them, and clip one while they sleep. You only need to do the front. There are ways like using double sided tape to get them to not scratch. That and just get them a scratching post.

I've mentioned this before, but will mention it again.

I guess she got told!

I bought a wicker chair just for the cats to use as a manicurium. They prefer it to the other furniture.

Mooolah Level 8 Apr 14, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 27

Photos 9,044 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #youtube #atheism #children #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top