Agnostic.com
2 0

Pause for thought?

I make a suggestion for a story that I hope many of you will grasp & work on. Perhaps a compilation of short stories or even a novel or to will eventually emerge.

The very bare skeleton:

We now live in a Covid 19 riven world where the stupid refuse to protect their fellow citizens by wearing masks, where governments & health organisations make illogical pronouncements & mandate orders accordingly. Meanwhile the death toll climbs and people pin their hopes on hastily produced & untested vaccines.

The greatest problem is that this pandemic, unlike the black death, is a largely unseen unrecognisable disease.

My suggestion for returning the world to greater functionality, and creating your story lines, is for the development of a means for ordinary people to recognise that others or themselves are infected.

I perceive two ways of achieving this:

• an electro-mechanical device compulsorily worn to alert others that you are indeed infected
Or
• all bodies be geneticaly modified so that infection results in a bright red or green spot appearing on the forehead to warn others to stay clear.

I leave it here for you to discuss, contribute to and hopefully all produce your wonderful works from.

FrayedBear 9 Jan 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"An electro-mechanical device compulsorily worn to alert others that you are indeed infected"
Wow, if only we had something like this? Oh wait a minute we have, its called a mobile phone. Other countries like S Korea instituted apps that tell you if you have been in contact with an infected person and urge you to get tested. Then the govt gives you financial help if you are positive and need to self-isolate.

273kelvin Level 8 Jan 28, 2021

Phone in a pocket is not visible others. Nor do the apps diagnose infection.

@FrayedBear No but the apps show if you have been near or in contact with a positive tested person.

@273kelvin it does not show untested asymptomatic carriers nor is it visible to others. Your idea would have consideable merit if all used the app & it emits a continuous strobe light & sound to alert all - like the leper's bell.

@FrayedBear If we had that kind of instant testing, then there would be no need for bells and whistles.

Interesting premise for a dystopian approach about an "us versus them" society.

Garbonza Level 6 Jan 27, 2021

Whatever slant that you choose.

@FrayedBear I'm busy working on my own projects, so am unlikely to take this on unless you or someone else steps forward to guide the compilation of an anthology of short stories (I don't have time for long fiction currently.)

@Garbonza If there is sufficient interest I'm quite happy to form & moderate a new group to accomplish this specific task.

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 390 More

Posted by K9JetLee999Here's the Kindle version of my latest book. If you have Prime, it's free if not 3.99. Geez I'd really like to see what it's like to earn 99 cents. [amazon.com]

Posted by ThomasThurstonA new controversial novel, Becoming Christ is released now! The novel presents Jesus not as the Son of God but as a handsome and ambitious young preacher who gets swept up in his own message, who ...

Posted by K9Kohle789[amazon.

Posted by aisha1998I against domestic voilence

Posted by RiturajRao87 NCRB (national crime record bureau) data shows 95% rape victims in India known to offenders; Madhya Pradesh tops the list. [firstpost.com]

Posted by RiturajRao87National bigotary mission (राष्ट्रीय कट्टरता मिशन)

Posted by JackPedigoYesterday was Margaret Attwoods birthday.

Posted by VadimSounds like a useful skill.

Posted by freelanceamyI'm about to finish my sample and thinking about purchasing. I've been looking at other samples on secular Buddhism and this one seems about right for me right now. Thoughts?

Posted by guntisI'm dreaming of a poetry book with illustrations like this

Posted by Jinx5555555Some people care about titles, clothes, jewelry, cars, nice homes, and such.

Posted by evidentialistNew findings from an asteroid sample. [msn.com]

Posted by evidentialist Announcement: Those of you who have joined and not yet written a bio, be aware that I have begun purging those who have not.

Posted by FrayedBearCan it be sent viral?

• Top tags#hello #world #book #god #video #friends #religion #hope #writers #books #religious #reason #money #death #hell #kids #novels #children #earth #fear #church #sex #dogs #mother #cats #movies #Atheist #humans #laws #poetry #sleep #parents #wife #Song #relationship #coffee #Christian #atheism #agnostic #truth #Jesus #animals #Police #DonaldTrump #society #Present #guns #beliefs #dream #existence ...

Members 1,188Top