Agnostic.com
1 1

BPD and you

Good morning everyone! We tripled members overnight! Sad to need a group like this but grateful to have a place for us to bring our thoughts, feelings and ideas for safe reflection. It is my sincere desire for us to build strong connections through sharing our issues as well as our growth, knowledge and ideas in healthy ways.
As the . I think it is important for me to lead the way with self disclosure so, first...my name is Melita Ray. You are welcome to find me on facebook or linkedin and google me if you would like. I made a few youtube videos that would give you further insight into my core personality if you would like to dig deeper and was interviewed by Natalie Ledwell for the Inspiration Show #459 (embarrassing interview for me as I was in a bad place at the time).
At the age of 5 I became a ward of the state and was separated from my family. I was the youngest of 6 children, which were placed in different homes but no-one told me what was going on so I wondered if they were even alive and thought it was my fault.. Our mother had designer clothing and her own seamstress, a locked kitchen cupboard full of food while we wore rags and often ate lard and sandwiches. She was indeed the most narcissistic, manipulative, sociopath I have ever met and extremely violent towards her children.
As a result of my childhood my brain does not function in all essential areas and no amount of will power can change that. In some ways I feel angry about all the trauma I experienced yet in many ways I feel tremendously blessed because of it all. Nothing shocks me. I have met thousands (possibly into millions even) of people because I was tossed around so much. I got an inside view of a variety of environments (extreme poverty, wealthy foster parents, group homes, detention center, psych units...)and saw first hand how important acceptance is for people to even want to survive let alone thrive. I am extremely comfortable around strangers from any walk of life as long as they respect others.
My educational background includes mental health, early childhood, business, community development, psychology, sociology, philosophy, public speaking....I am an internship away from my Bachelors in Human Service Leadership and truly want to just help myself and others feel safe enough to take risks and live their most epic dreams. Please feel free to ask me anything at all.
I look forward to hearing about you and sharing this journey of growth together!

• 2 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
CreativelyMe 7 May 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am relatively sure that I have BPD. It is tough getting therapists to listen to me since the majority of people who have it are women. It is tough for me because every therapist who I tell that I think I have it says that I probably don't. I understand that it is not a quick treatment plan, but the right therapy is what I need. I would say that I am more of a quiet borderline if the subsets were agreed upon.

Sporktime Level 4 May 28, 2018

I wonder if you could join a DBT group. In July I will begin mine and I will post what we are doing and we can do it here too if you would like.

Recent Visitors 25

Photos

Posted by CreativelyMeMy great nephew is staying with me for the Summer and having him here has shifted my mind set from bear to mama bear.

Posted by CreativelyMeMy Mothers Day Poem........... People say I don't love you but I know it's not true cuz whenever I see my psychiatrist all I talk about is you

Posted by CreativelyMeGood evening! Some BPD humor for you!

Posted by CreativelyMeGood morning everyone. A big welcome to our new members. I would love to hear how everyone is doing and a little bit about you if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Posted by CreativelyMeBPD and you

• Top tags#world #hope #children #mother #video #relationship #ashamed #anxiety #god #fear #reason #religious #parents #Omg #QuantumPhysics #physics #quantum #rights #society #arrogant #Mentalhealth #drugs #belief #Vegetarian #money #pets #prayer #memories #depression #Bible #hell #babies #hello #Cosmos #advocacy #siblings #birth #CarlSagan #FFRF #poetry #humor #friends #judaism #sleep #humans #teacher #community #philosophy #Friday #books ...

Members 17Top

Related Groups