Agnostic.com
11 11

Does anyone else find that they are more content with their own company as they get older? I spend loads of time by myself and the older I get, the more I enjoy it. I can do what I want whenever I want. I recently went to the beach for the weekend with a good friend of 20 years and kept wondering if I would have enjoyed it more alone. I sometimes worry that am am turning into some weird old lady hermit.

Sorcha 7 Aug 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find that I do not do well when I am alone, I can do it but find company much more enjoyable. I can spend time alone reading, writing and doing Math. I do enjoy a good conversation.

Yay for weird old lady hermits. Be true to yourself & enjoy that we have that option.

Mooolah Level 8 Aug 23, 2021

I'm exactly the same. The older I get the more I prefer my own company much of the time.

I hear ya! I can only take people in very small doses. That "close friend" thing only works for me for a limited amount of time, til eventually everything they do gets on my nerves.

"Eventually" now means 30 minutes? LOL!

Right there with you.

NHjulie Level 8 Aug 23, 2021

One of my friends is extremely comfortable with her own company. She gave up on marriage after two lousy marriages.

I would not call you weird. You might have had some unfortunate experiences, but I would say that you have come to terms with them very well.

anglophone Level 9 Aug 23, 2021

Yep! I like to join others for company in small quantities, but am totally happy being alone most of the time. I know where to find people if I want to - guess I just don't seek folks out all that often.

Julie808 Level 8 Aug 23, 2021

I've been seeing daily shootings in the local news headlines , and frankly , even those who've been shot multiple times , can't expect to be treated at local hospitals due to them being over run by covid 19 cases . Between the shootings and the covid 19 , I think I'll be happier alone for a bit .

Cast1es Level 9 Aug 23, 2021

if i found a compatible female i'd prefer to solitude

TheDoubter Level 9 Aug 22, 2021

I don't dread being alone but given the option I socialize

Lorajay Level 9 Aug 22, 2021

it depends on mood, location, what's going on. i find being widowed makes living easier. i don't mind being alone, but if isee my children and grandchildren I know I can leave when I want.

TheDoubter Level 9 Aug 22, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 36

Photos 855 More

Posted by FrostyJim...works for me?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFollow me for more tips…😎

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMe too, me too!

Posted by TheoryNumber3In honor of Eclipse Day.....

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI’m perfectly happy so must be something wrong…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIntroverts. Creatures of the Night!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t ring my doorbell!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by FrostyJim...I have a lifetime membership.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyWell, that deteriorated quickly…

• Top tags#friends #video #world #religion #god #hello #religious #hell #hope #relationship #Atheist #anxiety #money #reason #cats #truth #book #kids #dogs #introvert #Bible #children #humans #church #memes #fear #lonely #guns #wife #books #mother #Song #beliefs #laws #community #animals #sleep #Christian #Friday #movies #media #TheTruth #DonaldTrump #advice #faith #sex #parents #evidence #belief #coffee ...

Members 1,995Top

Moderators